3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power window/door locks swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:13 AM
alexRAM1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window/door locks swap

hey everyone, this might sound like a redundant question but here it gose.... im going to swap power windows and door locks from a slt to my truck and i was wondering how the keyless entry would work and if anyone has done this? any suggestions or help is appriciated.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: power window/door locks swap

If you are doing just the switches, it won't work. There is also a RF module that would need to be replaced.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:02 AM
alexRAM1500

i would like to swap everything all the wriing door panels etc. what would be required? just the mudule,switches and wiring?

Old 08-03-2007, 11:56 AM
eltupac
All Star

It will help to know what truck you have. Try adding your signature at the bottom. I'll take it you have a ST, like me.
I bought the switches, door panels, power window motor/regulatorsand wiring harness. If you do your research on ebay you might find the parts cheaper or if you go a junk yard. Since you live in Miami, I can tell you I called every freaking place and most did not have them and the ones that did were charging as much as new parts. They did not want to do the work to take the harness out or regulators. One guy in Hialeah, I think 22 ave, wanted to sell me the whole door, cause he wouldnt take it apart, $700 one door. I told him to f-himself, almost got into a fight. Anyway, everything I paid about $500-$600 without the power door locks, I bought those aftermarket.
It is a PIA to pass the cables throught the rear door jamb, the front are easier. If you have the ST, it is not prewired for power anything on the doors, so you have to find your source from the steering column and through a 25A fuse, connect all doors. I think it will be cheaper to go with aftermarket alarm and door lock actuators.
If you still want to meet, I can show you, but you did not reply about the mirrors so I figured you didnt care to even see them.
Let me know.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:31 PM
alexRAM1500

thanks el tupac... yes i do have the st model and sry i didnt get back to you on the mirrors... i think ill hold off on that for now... i really want to do the power window door lock thing.... the reason i decided to go with a swap instead of the aftermarket is because the switches mount on the hole where ur window crank is and it dosent look stock... if i go with the swap would it work??

Old 08-03-2007, 01:53 PM
eltupac
All Star

Yeah it works, but not the way it was intended. If you want the stock look, you have to get new front door panels or used, but you have to replace them. Them you have get the wires from all the doorharenesses and connect them to the master driver side switch. Like I said, it can be done. I will take you 2 days to do all 4, if you have a Quad Cab. The easiest part is changing the window regulators.
I have aftermarket door locks and they dont work with the stock switch, but its ok cause they are controlled with alarm and with the 2 front lock pins. So if I lock my driver side by pushing down, I lock all 4 doors, same with the passenger front door. No extra switch, so still looks stock.

Quick Reply: power window/door locks swap