3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The "Stottlemobile"...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:56 AM
RedHemi05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The "Stottlemobile"...

Hammer that truck is killer. My goal would to get my close to that.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: John M

As far as I know, the only way to get a body colored grille & bumper from the factory is to get the Sport model.

The Laramie package gives you a body-colored outer grille but still chrome inside.
yea so did I but the sport only comes with the hemi. yet there are guys all around the forum that have the exact truck I want and is a 4.7L sport with stick shift. A guy I work with has one but he bought it used but it has sport emblems and seats and has the 4.7L magnum v8. I guess mebbe they don't make it anymore Guess i'll just get an SLT with the 20" chrome rims and then get the sport bumpers painted to match

Old 08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: RedHemi05

Hammer that truck is killer. My goal would to get my close to that.
Thanks....
Just do a little at a time, that's all I'm doing. I bought it new in June, '04 and did nothing for the first year and a half except 33" tires, toolbox, bedrug & exhaust. I was planning on trading it in on a CTD in '06 and didn't want to put a lot into it. But my situation changed, as due to family health issues I was forced to quit my traveling job and also could not make my bi-weekly trips to my Ga. farmland for hunting/fishing & 4 Wheelin'(about 260 miles each way). I also bought my step-fathers 40+ mpg 4 banger when he had a stroke, making that my daily driver. So I went from putting 20K+ miles a year on my truck to less than 8k, hence no need for the Diesel.
So I went to work on my Hemi. As I was forced to take a local job paying a good $30k a year less, I've spent the last 2 years just doing a little at a time. CAI & Superchips on a credit card, pay it off over a few months then Lift & Tires, pay it off then Gears & LSD and so on... I've done what I could myself to keep costs down, now I'm down to Pacesetter LT Headers (next week) and some CAM work (in about 6-8 weeks) and I'll be done.
So, just take your time, be patient, and do what work you can youself, even if it's just replacing handles & stuff with chrome pieces. You'll get there and be very proud of your ride when your done!