3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 RAM NOT WORTH A DA*******

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:00 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 RAM NOT WORTH A DA*******

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

38,000 for a 1500 hemi? Wow. That is a lot for that truck.
That is what I was thinking. He could have got a newCTD 4x4for that price.Do yall think he has the "death wobble"? If you will give us the speeds of which yall get the shakes then we may be able to assist you. Are the trucks 4x4? Oh and caps symbolize yelling, so please stop.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Mojave
Professional

Sorry to hear about the shaking. Our 07 (knock on wood) has been solid.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
adamwade
Rookie

No responses back, hmmm??? I guess the problems not that bad. I'm with you guys, I'd be more pissed that I paid $38K forthe truck!!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

When i went in for my truck.... the Sticker said 36 and change.... after the rebates and dealer favors(they like me) i got the truck for about 31... and they also paid about 4500 for my trade that was goin back to chrysler.... so i guess i got it for about 27 or so.... I don't think i'd ever pay 40000 for a truck... just seems steep...

Old 08-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I love it when dense people like the OP don't realize that all car companies have issues with cars. theres not a single car on the road today that does not have at least one known issue with it. that's the nature of the beast. Why do I buy dodge?? because I think they are the best looking trucks on the market and I like their engine options. If chevy offered a good diesel engine or a v8 with stick shift in the 1500 i'd be all over it or if ford did. but unfortunately dodge is the only manufacturer to offer stick shifts with a v8 in a half ton therefore I like dodge. Not to mention the chevy's and fords and toyotas and nissan trucks are sooooooooooooooo ugly. and if you notice there's about 90 % of ppl on this forum who have no real issues with their truck. this is the same for almost every other brand. a few exceptions would be like the ford 6.0L powerstroke which is a terrible engine. Brand loyalty is for idiot rednecks that can't think for themselves or learn how to compare therefore they just buy one type of truck/car/suv for life.

go ahead don't buy another dodge but when you buy a chevy/toyota/gmc/ford/any other brand and you have problems with it too mebbe then you'll figure it out. and ur obviously not a genius because you paid 38g's for a half ton truck lol.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:58 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

That is very true. Ford is the worst. I would not hesitate to buy a GM though.

I got rid of my Ranger due to Ford and their poor quality. It is not one or two things. it was MANY. And if you look at the history of previous years, the same TSBs existed. They kept building them the same way even though they knew they had issues. Check out how many TSBs my Ranger had.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...-2003/d-RANGER

Old 08-06-2007, 10:04 PM
TReX5.7
Professional

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

That is very true. Ford is the worst. I would not hesitate to buy a GM though.

I got rid of my Ranger due to Ford and their poor quality. It is not one or two things. it was MANY. And if you look at the history of previous years, the same TSBs existed. They kept building them the same way even though they knew they had issues. Check out how many TSBs my Ranger had.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/tsb/tsb.p...-2003/d-RANGER
I totally agree, I'll take a chrysler or gm product everyday of the week over a ford. I know they all have their recalls, but my god does ford topple the list.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I attempt to stay outta issues like this but I feel some advice is need from someone that works with warranty issues daily. First of all, if you come in with a bad attutide, you might get resistance from the service personel. That said. there are some repairs that might fix this problem. Ask you dealer to check TSB's on this issue. No one can look into a crystal ball, snap their fingers and solve every problem. It does take time and PATIENCE to resolve problems. If you go into the dealership and leave the attitude at home, they are more likely to serve you better. And last but not least, service dept people DO NOT MAKE A DIME when you buy a new vehicle, so throwing it up to them only makes it worse. They make their money repairing vehicles, be it under warranty or customer pay. Remember attitude is everything.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and btw, from my avatar you can tellI have a Ford. I also own a Chevy, a Dodge and a Honda. and they all give problems from time to time.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Ben D.
Champion

^^^^^^ exactly. all cars have problems. certain car companies have more known issues than others. Ford has been good with much of their stuff thier big issue is the powerstroke diesel. I've owned a 93 f150 and it was a great truck. lasted 180k until a 16 year old blond talking on her cell phone t boned it right in the side. My mom has a ford escape. 15k miles so far and not really many issues. my dad had a gmc sierra v6 five speed. that truck had issues. drivetrain was loose and sloppy threw lots of CEL's for sensors. but overall decent truck. his new 06 ram 4.7L six speed. with 7.5k on it is great. not a single peep out of it yet.

It just pisses me off when people that are soooo dense that they probably shouldn't even own a car come onto this forum or really any other forum and talk like this. If I was on a chevy forum right now even tho i havn't owned chevy in awhile and someone talked like this about a chevy i'd think the same thing or a ford for that matter.

and as far as your wobble. if you had any idea how hard it is to troubleshoot a vibration in a vehicle when you obviously can't be under it while it's moving down the highway. you'd probably have a bit more respect for the service guys or anyone who works on cars for that matter. it could be anything. a wheel that wasn't manufactured properly, improperly balanced wheels, a slight bend in any component of the suspension, a bum part made by another company that dodge uses. so in all honesty unless you've ever worked on a car and dealt with these things and realized it takes time to focus in on the problem and fix it then why don't you just STFU and get outta here.

and I still can't get over the fact that you paid 38K for a half ton ram. that dealer OWNED UR AZZ

Quick Reply: 07 RAM NOT WORTH A DA*******