3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 RAM NOT WORTH A DA*******

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 07 RAM NOT WORTH A DA*******

My Dodge truck has over 341,000 miles. It is serviced according to the servicemanual andis all original under the hood. The ony things that have died are the clutch(@290,000miles) and the water pump and thermostat (@ 300,000Miles) but these are both wear items that are supposed to wear out. This is a company vehicle that other people sometimes drive. An employee that USED to work for me wrecked it so bad that it brokeboth motor mounts and the trans mount. Moved the engine and trans 6 inches foward,and he still was able to drive it 75 miles back to the dealeership. My ChevroletCaprice (5.7 litre BADDD **** for a granny car) had a electrical problem that the dealership never found. It turned out to be a $12.00 part. My Mustang had almost no problems after all the recalls were fixed and the Honda ran great till 200,000 miles, then it just gave up. So they all have issues but I never thought that ALL cars of one manufactor were crap because of the problems that I had. It has alot to do with how you service them. We had a lady that had an Intrepid with 34,000 miles on it that had NEVER had the oil changed, and she thought it was OK not change the oil because she HAD a warranty.OK enough Rant.Follow the service guide and have a pleasant attitude if you need repairs.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a 2005 Honda CR-V. That thing is a beast when it comes to a soccer mom's car! It handled the torture I put it through. There's isn't one problem with the car other than the aftermarket head-unit I have in it. I'm 19 by the way and we bought the car in 2005... OK, we had a Chevy Caprice too. The thing was a beauty. It ran great. It was strong and easy to drive. But one day (I don't recall the miles, sorry), it caught on fire on the freeway in winter. We bought it for $500. We didn't worry about it. We had a 1991 Mazda 626. My parents bought it brand new after they moved to the States 3 years earlier. We had that car for 11 years until someone totalled it in the snow back in Ohio. 11 years!! There were NO PROBLEMS with that car at all! Our 2007 HEMI has been going through the same problem 2 times already. The dealer hasn't yet figured out why the problem is occuring. The problem is my "Check Engine Light" is coming on and when they scan it, it says I have low oil pressure. They check it, my oil pressure is dead on where it is supposed to be. Both times they put in a new sensor. They said that if it comes on again, that they will keep the truck until they figure out what the problem is, they won't give it back until they are 100% sure about it. (My take is because of the lemon law. [Am I correct?]) So yeah, each car has it's problems and each car doesn't experience the problems.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
brianas
Professional

next time your into the dealer, ask them about that TSB for the front lower control arm bushings

i assume they have arleady done the roadforce balance on wheels/tires- any trouble there?
g/l
josh

Old 08-07-2007, 08:28 PM
scoose

07 here. And thus far experiencing no issues ( knock knock )

BTW ours stickered at 33,123 and bought the truck for 23,842 OTD. Couldn't say no!!!

Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Ben D.
Champion

well seeing as he hasn't responded to the thread in a few days I guess he realized that he was a moron and just cut his losses and left.

Quick Reply: 07 RAM NOT WORTH A DA*******