3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tired of this POS, How Do I get Dealer to FIX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 07:02 PM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tired of this POS, How Do I get Dealer to FIX?

Ive got a 2007 Hemi QC. It makes a wailing noise from 40-45 and then 60-65 (but not as loud). It makes the noise while crusing and under power at low rpms. If I put it into tow/haul mode, RPMS go up to 2K and the sound goes away. I'm pretty sure its the TRANSMISSION. Lots of kooky noises coming from in there. Sounds like a flute. Only 2500 miles.

Took it to dealer #1 and he said he heard it but they all do it.

Dealer #2 pretended he did not hear it. Then after 15 minutes said bring it back in 5000 miles if it gets worse.

This truck is much louder than the rental I had for 3 weeks and none of the other truck I test drove did this.

Dodge warranty service is complete bull****. Never buy a car/truck from a company flirting with bankruptcy.

How do i get them to ackowledge this!!!?! I just want to sell and get out now before it breaks down. This truck is not going to make it past 50K.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:15 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tired of this POS, How Do I get Dealer to FIX?

Take it back to the 1st dealer that heard it. They do not all do it. We know this. Tell them to take you for a ride in one on the lot to show them it does not happen in all of them.

If they refuse tell them you will be calling Chrysler and to expect a call from them.
Customer Assistance Center
P.O. Box 21-8004
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48321-8004
Phone: (800) 992-1997

Old 08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
CMA
Professional

I already called customer assistance after visit to dealer #1. They set up the appointment with dealer #2!!!

It is a problem. They know its a problem with the transmission, probably a bearing. But to fix is going to cast alot of money. Im really upset i just spent 23K on this truck and im getting shafted by Dodge.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You are getting the shaft from the dealer not Dodge. You need to go back to the assistance group. Tell them it did not work with dealer two and that dealer 1 and dealer 2 conclusions were not even the same.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 PM
CMA
Professional

OK, thanks. Its hard to think straight on this because i feel like im being gang banged. All the missed work! The people at the customer service center will be happy to set up appointments all day but in the end a dealer has to do something. And im not going to get agressive with a dealer because if they are going to fix the tranny, i want them to do it right. I usually dont have a problem being assertive but when they lie to you and say they cant hear it or they all do it and there is no way to prove they are lying , its very frustrating.

I think im going to take a gun with me on the next test drive and scare the ahole honest.

Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 PM
OldMoparMan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad as it may be/sound, the dealership is pretty reluctant to do anything for a "noise", especially if it isn't causing a drivability issue, or a safety issue. They may make an honest attempt to chase it, and identify it, but I would imagine it's unlikely that anyone will do a tear-down to fix something that's only a noise...

You say it *could* be a bearing, but without a failure, evidence of a failure and just a noise, most dealerships will skirt the obvious and give you the run around.

It's sad that you spend $25+K dollars and get the same service as you would for a $90 stereo at Radio Shack.

I feel for ya, man..........[:@]

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
muscleman320
Professional

not surprised at all, my dad told me not to buy a dodge because he hadnn't heard good things out of them . he was definitely right, my transmission grinds, it jerks pretty hard goin into 2nd only sometimes, my visor wo'nt stay up, the compartment on the door broke off, the latch on teh eindow broke off, ive had 5 sensors replaced, the back window latch broke, i had to have the instrument panel replaced (800) (pretty sure i got jipped on that though) and no theres a rattle in the engine and a god awful ticking noise that almost drowms out the super 40's .. the best think about the truck is teh way it sounds when i can't hear the ticking, and the brake pads that i've had on there since i bought it 48k miles ago... pretty much regret it and now im trapped in a hole casue the values drops faster than a rock off a cliff.. not sure i'll ever do it again

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 PM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

You are getting the shaft from the dealer not Dodge. You need to go back to the assistance group. Tell them it did not work with dealer two and that dealer 1 and dealer 2 conclusions were not even the same.
Definitely call the assistance number and state your case again with details. It will get solved sooner or later. I know it takes time away from work, but you have to sacrifice some also in order to get things done. Just the way it is. I know I have been there. Red

As for the gun comment, you need to cool your thoughts.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

yeah dude, just keep callin customer assistance....when they get enough calls they will make sure it gets fixed and gets fixed right....just tone it down a notch and relax man, it'll get fixed

Old 08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

What i'm wondering is if the noise your hearing is the engine engaging the MDS... at which said point will change engine noise as well as exhaust..... Also remember that moving a heavy truck...like your ram is hard for a 4 banger... That may explain the tech's repsonse... the fist one... not knowing about the MDS having now heard the change in sound... noticed... the Second... knowing better then the first... heard nothing different then what's suupoed to be there..... blew it off because it is supposed to sound like that...

Quick Reply: Tired of this POS, How Do I get Dealer to FIX?