3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Now I am getting nervous about the Ram 2500....

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:36 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Now I am getting nervous about the Ram 2500....

I absolutely love my HEMI

Old 08-11-2007, 03:19 AM
FL Cracker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 5,000 miles on my '06 Mega Cab and I absolutely love this truck. There's never been a 100% trouble free truck built by any manufacturer. I owned a Ford Super Duty and the transmission went out. I owned a Silverado and had a ton of electronic issues.My experience so far with theDodgeis as follows:

Cons:

1. A/C takes far too long to cool down the truck. (mega cab)
2. Slight vibration at 60 to 65 MPH.
3. Brake light sometimes stays on.
4. Seats are a little hard for those long trips.

Pros:

1. Looks better than any other truck on the road.
2. Dash is very well laid out.
3. Wide range of adjustability for different drivers. (I'm tall, wife is short)
4. Handles very well.
5. Plenty of power.
6. Feels more solid and stable.
7. Quieter than my Ford or Chevy
8. Did I mention that it looks better than any other truck on the road?

I'll get the problems fixed and will probably buya Dodge next time as well.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:41 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the 2500 Ram, After years of owning Fords, I have never been more joyful and enthuastic with my truck. If your going to tow with the quad cab long box, the 5.7 hemi will do the job, but I would get the the CTD for the better mileage and towing ability.

My 06 is a reg cab 4x4 5.7 6 sp, it's not drag racer fast, but the power and economy from this package is awsome, if I were to get a quad cab long box, I would up grade to the CTD.

Dodge trucks are built simple, basic and as plain as they are, simpliciety is what dodge dose best. The paint on the tucks and refignment is not great with Dodge, but the baisc mecanicals are bulit proff.

If your not going to tow are use your truck for work, the 3/4 ton rides rough when empty but for such a big truck, the handeling and road maners are quite impressive, no its not a sports car, but a 3/4 ton jet fighter in HD truck market.

Dodge has issues, all brands do, when rolled off the asembly line, some are excellant, some **** poor, so drive several 2500 rams, ask questions and reserarch.

AS anti ford, and Pro Dodge, I'm now, I never would hope for any one to buy a truck and get a lemon, no matter who builds it.

Best of luck. ( Get the Dodge )

Quick Reply: Now I am getting nervous about the Ram 2500....