3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headers for MegaCab

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 08:48 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
You may need to do a little homework here before getting anything. I know the Pacesetter's have issues fitting 2500 Hemi's. The Mega may or may not have these issues, but as even the 1500 Mega seems to share more with the 2500 than the 1500 QC, you may need the manufacturer to give you a thumbs up before getting them.

What issues are faced putting them on a 2500? I just bought a pair because many people had said they will fit......so now I'm like "uh oh" cause if they don't fit or if something needs to be notched out of like the K member, I'm sending them back

Old 06-10-2020, 12:32 PM
Cameron Schopp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame rail is to close

Originally Posted by GRNDPNDR
What issues are faced putting them on a 2500? I just bought a pair because many people had said they will fit......so now I'm like "uh oh" cause if they don't fit or if something needs to be notched out of like the K member, I'm sending them back

the frame rails are so close to the headers that I’ve heard you have to hammer in the header or notch the frame to get them to fit. I was hoping someone found some that actually fit

Old 06-10-2020, 01:00 PM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cameron Schopp
the frame rails are so close to the headers that I’ve heard you have to hammer in the header or notch the frame to get them to fit. I was hoping someone found some that actually fit
American Racing Headers makes a pair that are listed for the 2500, they don't look too different from the pacesetters, but if the pacesetters don't fit I guess I'll have to drop like probably $2400 CAD for the ARH long tubes.

The other thing I've seen mentioned is because of the front suspension interfering with the headers going over bumps, but my truck is lifted so I wonder if that makes a difference?
I've also heard that the frame is wider in a 2500.....so much conflicting f***ing information.

I guess I'm going to find out because I ordered them and when I get my truck I'll see what I can do about test fitting, and talking to an exhaust shop.
I absolutely DO NOT want to have to cut parts of the truck to fit them

Quick Reply: Headers for MegaCab