3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problem running speaker wire in my 07 QC!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 06:27 PM
07Ramjam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem running speaker wire in my 07 QC!!

Has anyone here with an 07 QC run new speaker wire to an extrnal amp??

I tried to run some today,but you cant get it from the door into the cab.Where the wires pass thru, is a plastic connector.It wouldnt even be possible to get the wires past it.Does anyone have any advice how to overcome this??

Old 08-11-2007, 06:57 PM
Roadrunner35
Default RE: Problem running speaker wire in my 07 QC!!

Hi. I just did this this week. I ran wires through both the front and rear doors. I too thought it would be impossible, but with patience it can be done. On the front you need to remove the actual harness from the body. There are four little clips holding it in. You will need a small screwdriver or hook tool to depress them. I found it easier to do the ones facing the front and then while its on an angle to do the ones facing you. Once its out, you will see some small holes that you could run the wire through. The back ones were a bitch. you need to remove the seat belts and all the platic trim. Then remove the pin harness and disconect it. Trust me... It was not that hard. It just takes time and patience. Just start taking it all apart and you will see......Hope this helps you..

Old 08-11-2007, 08:23 PM
07Ramjam
Rookie

Thanks for the reply.

This does help.What size speaker wire are you using?

Old 08-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Roadrunner35

I used 14g stinger wire. It's old school stuff, but it's heavily insulated. Nice and fat. I kept it away from all power wirers and rca's. My power to the fuse block is on the drivers side, so I ran the the speakerwire over the door to the rear and then under the seat to the amp..No engine noise to be heard.
So, anyway, what did you install? I have a JVC KD AVX33 head unit with Eclipse SC-6900 up front and Infinity Kappa's in the rear powered by a JBL cs60.4 amp and an Infinity Bass Link for a sub.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:10 PM
07Ramjam
Rookie

I really cant imagine or understand how you got that wire from the doors into the cab!!

In the rear I could just drill 2 small holes and that would be fine,but in the front I just cant figure out Im going to run it!!!

My system is a Kenwood KVT-815 Excelon indash DVD,an MTX 6004 sub amp(600 watts)powering a single 10" Infinity sub,2 Polk 6x9's,2 Polk 6.5's and hopefully if I can run the wires I have an old school PHoenix Gold XS 4600.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Roadrunner35

I found the fronts to be much easier than the rears. In the front if you remove the pin harness, you will see 4 small holes in the corners of the harness. On the rear pin harness you will see one hole. I dont remember if it was on the top or the bottom. Like I said earlier, Patience... It can be done. Also, A wire hanger and some electrical tape does wonders.. BTW, your system sounds nice.

Quick Reply: Problem running speaker wire in my 07 QC!!