3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 10:23 PM
fckwtit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers

I am planning on getting the GS Motorsports Supercharger in the future. So I dont want to spend money on pointless things that I will no longer need or cant use. However headers are something that I will need and dont know a lot about them. Can i get some input on the best bang for the buck? Also which is better, long tube headers or mids. I also have a true dual exhaust setup and was wondering if anyone has any experience with H pipes or the X pipe setup. I know when it comes to Mustangs and Camaros it is back and forth. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:49 PM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: Headers

I'd look into the procharger supercharger if you want to go with a supercharger. I've heard of issues with the GSM kit. Long tubes usually give the best gains, but when combined with other mods, you can sometimes run into problems with leaning out.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:24 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, i'd go with a set of Pacesetter LT's...but i'd look at the STS turbo instead of a s/c

Old 08-19-2007, 11:38 PM
muscleman320
Professional

well, i do'nt know a ton about superchargers for trucks like which are good or not, i could tell ya about a mustang though .. but as far as headers go long tube are better for performance and if you're gonna get a supercharger the air will need to get out faster so definitely long tubes .. and for the exhaust i'd get the H pipe because it doesn't restrict much flow at all, but still keeps just the right amount of back presssure, the X pipe flows better but maybe too much, H may be the way to go

Old 08-20-2007, 01:20 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Pacesetter LT's seem to be the header of choice for our trucks. But remember running better flowing headers into true dual you don't want to lose so much back pressure you cause problems...

Old 08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
fckwtit

I was also wondering about the backpressure thing. I am running true duals with no muffler. That is the only thing that is done to my knowledge. I have had it at the track and ran a consistant 15.3 quarter mile. I reallize I am dealing with a lot less weight than the quad cab but there are a lot on here with way more mods than mine. Is it possible that it has a tune and I dont know it. And if so is there anyway to tell for sure. Is a 15.3 any good for a pretty well stock SC with 20's. I am being told it is by my SRT-4 friends but we are talking to different animals. I appreciate all the input.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems a lil on the low side to me, but i could wrong....i would think closer to 15 flat or possibly 14.9 .....should look at some mufflers to get some backpressure on that truck tho

Old 08-21-2007, 01:15 AM
muscleman320
Professional

yeah you'd get better acceleration in low rom with that back pressure there, i say if you're runnin no muffler definieyl get an h pipe or even go x pipe with short headers, it'd sound super nasty that way, or even long tube and go with a high flow racing cat. with x pipe .. otherwise go h pipe definieyl with no mufflers, thats probably be about the best setup for no mufflers

Quick Reply: Headers