3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buying drag radials and wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 05:55 PM
helopilot
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buying drag radials and wheels?

ORIGINAL: workingspy

Is that a combo that you ran on the track in your truck and overall isa drag wheele setupworth getting for the time differances gained? Considering I have preaty kickass tires as is and I am not planning any huge engine upgrades anytime soon. I will be putting in the 6.1 cams when they are realeased for the 07 with Mopar howerver. Cheers
If I remember correctly I dropped around .3 seconds in the 1/4.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:52 PM
workingspy
Professional

I'm am interested in your items however there area few issues to clear up, maybe this will make things a little easier for me. First off I am in Canada and shipping here can get costly do you have a cheap way of shipping them to me other then normal UPS or FedEX. Secondly I am still trying to find a why to buy just the rears if it would work, so how much would just the rears be if you where to split them. It's not your price thats the problem it seems very good actually, it's just the rest that adds up to almost more then your sales cost. If we could work something out that would be cool. Let me know.

P.S. It would make sense to use all four of your wheels its just that mine are so lite and the tires are real good I'm just not sure the fronts are necessary or or even the backs at that. But for the track I could comprimise for a better time anyday.

Cheers

Old 08-28-2007, 03:28 AM
chefred112
All Star

I can't see 22's bein lighter than 17's... I'm runnin 17" dr's myself and am gonna use stock 17's up front to get my weight down...I also dropped enough with the dr's to go sub 14's...

Old 08-28-2007, 06:41 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

To know what drag radials would benefit you
and their outside diameter
we need to know your truck's present terminal speed at the end of a quartermile,
and the rpm your engine is turning at this terminal speed.

It is also good practice to consider if you will soon be purchasing some mods for the rear suspension....best use of money is usually to get the modified suspension ready and then buy the tires.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM
workingspy
Professional

Thats an impressive number but what was the number you droped from to go over sub fourteen. Sorry basically what was the time adventage with the dr's. I have yet to see how the superchipwill effected my tires on the track and my time. I still cant spin them but we will see at the track, it might be more obvious weatherI need them now or not after that test.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
helopilot
Veteran

ORIGINAL: workingspy

Thats an impressive number but what was the number you droped from to go over sub fourteen. Sorry basically what was the time adventage with the dr's. I have yet to see how the superchipwill effected my tires on the track and my time. I still cant spin them but we will see at the track, it might be more obvious weatherI need them now or not after that test.
I went from a 14.1 to a 13.8 in mine with DR's.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
workingspy
Professional

SinceI havn't had the chance to use my new superchip at the track and considering the upgrade you get from it my numbers now will be very differant from the next time i go to the track (two weeks). I will post them after and maybe this will better help to tell me what dr's might be the best for me. Cheers.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
workingspy
Professional

Your guys times are killer for QC's, I guessI have some work ahead lol. That .3 secgainmust be inhanced also from the amout of mods you'vedone? I probably wont see that much. Like I mentioned previouslywe will see ifthe superchip ads enough power to really make a difference to my tires , Then I will have a more clear idea of what to go or at least a better feel.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:00 PM
chefred112
All Star

...mine was about the same as ken's...with our mods we had the power, but traction was the issue..I also went from 14.2 down to 13.9...now that we have dr's we can look at weight...something we couldn't do before dr's cuz we needed weight just to hav traction...

Quick Reply: Buying drag radials and wheels?