3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remote Starter Woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:28 AM
ScottK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remote Starter Woes

I have a 2007 Power Wagon with Moparremote start. Not sure if it was factory installed or dealer installed, but I use it at least twice a day, five times a week for2 months now.
Not a problem with starting or unlocking the doors, key fobs, anything.......so far.
Works at quite a distance too.

Scott.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am back from the dealership and everything is working for now. I will let you guys know in the next few weeks whether it's finally fixed.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:03 AM
04crimsonfury
Rookie

I got a clifford system, and its good. Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know where to get replacement remotes for less than $150. Thats how much they are on the website. Stores are the same.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

did they say what they did to get it working this time?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

Everything worked fine after this visit. I will keep using it for the next few weeks and see how it goes. I still had that other problem that happened with my Flashpaq tuner but now it looks the Superchips people were correct in their diagnosis that the problem was in my remote starter. I still will test that one out but I have a feeling I opened my mouth and inserted my whole leg.

Old 08-26-2007, 02:45 PM
cr80renob
Captain

ORIGINAL: Hemiriden

ORIGINAL: moodie

I was going to get the Mopar remote start before winter hit but maybe I'll think twice now. I've read in other posts that some people had trouble with other brands of remotes and that the Mopar was the safe bet? In Canada the price for the Mopar is $575 installed ... Ouch. I can get a equal for over $200 less. Am I safe to go with a different brand remote?
I'd say yes... i have a few friend's with Rams and they all have aftermerket systems. Just get a quality brand.... Clifford, Viper, Python... Pretty much anything by the directed company (link)

You should have no problems with them...
You would be fine... I have a Python remote start/keyless entry system on my truck and it is AWESOME!!! I had Circuit City install it almost three years ago and, knock on wood, it is still as awesome as the day I bought it!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Max Power
Professional

I don't think Lemon Laws apply to aftermarket (even Chrysler) add-ons.

Old 08-26-2007, 04:16 PM
BLACKTRX4
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Hemiriden

ORIGINAL: moodie

I was going to get the Mopar remote start before winter hit but maybe I'll think twice now. I've read in other posts that some people had trouble with other brands of remotes and that the Mopar was the safe bet? In Canada the price for the Mopar is $575 installed ... Ouch. I can get a equal forover $200 less. Am I safe to go with a different brand remote?
I'd say yes... i have a few friend's with Rams and they all have aftermerket systems. Just get a quality brand.... Clifford, Viper, Python... Pretty much anything by the directed company (link)

You should have no problems with them...
Does any of the aftermarket remotes work with the sentry key system on the new trucks?

Old 08-28-2007, 09:38 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

ORIGINAL: 04crimsonfury

I got a clifford system, and its good. Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know where to get replacement remotes for less than $150. Thats how much they are on the website. Stores are the same.
I got a spare from http://www.keylessride.com. $35 incl shipping. My used '03 had only one working fob.NOT a security type, though. Programming was a breeze. Don't know if they are compatible with remote start.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:20 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: Max Power

I don't think Lemon Laws apply to aftermarket (even Chrysler) add-ons.
The remote start is actually something that you can get with your car/truck. It isn't really an "aftermarket" part. It comes with a certain trim level.

Pirata, I had a problem with my remote start and my lock/unlock buttons, but not bad enough to go to the dealer. First, my remote start wouldn't turn off my truck. lol. It was one for 15 minutes when my friends asked if I was somewhere around my trcuk trying to scare him... Nope. Then 1-2 weeks ago, I locked my truck and I couldn't unlock it without having to do it manually. I did it, alarm went off, turned on my truck, alarm stopped. When I got home, my key was then fine. I knew that I had to put the key in the ignition to fix it. Odd, huh?

I hope they figure out what the problem is exactly so you don't have to go through this **** anymore. lol. Good luck pimpin'!

Quick Reply: Remote Starter Woes