3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Remote Starter Woes

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:43 AM
eltupac
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remote Starter Woes

That's why I bought a $60 alarm from ebay that had remote start. Installed it myself 2 years ago. Knock on wood, works like a charm.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Max Power

I don't think Lemon Laws apply to aftermarket (even Chrysler) add-ons.
Even if it did apply to a Chrysler add-on, this doesn't qualify. A malfunctioning remote starter does not prevent you from driving the vehicle. It's just like if your remote mirrors stopped working. You can still drive the truck.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:28 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

P-man, how about an update: Does it still go Vroom, Vroom when you go Click, Click?????

Old 09-12-2007, 10:10 AM
moodie
Professional

Got a Autostart remote starter installed for about $250 less then the Mopar at the dealer ... works great and range is 2200 ft. Temperature got to the freezing point last night so it won't be long before I start using it .

Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM
HAWKDRIVER
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back on 2/02when I bought my truck after hours (no joke) of haggling arguing and walking out the door twice I asked about a remote starter and I was told that Chrysler will not be offering them. Get ready:"because they are known to cause fires" I laughed,just walked out and drove my new truck home. Now they have been offering remote-starters for how long. Stealership...does their dirt-bagged-ness know no bounds? Its mostly the salesman and managersI like some of their mechanics as they seem as frustrated at times as I do.

Quick Reply: Remote Starter Woes