3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

02 Ram rear door speaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 01:07 PM
stratos50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Ram rear door speaker

I have 02 factory(Infinity radio and speakers) in my quad cab. The left rear door speaker has no sound. I swapped it with the right rear door and it works. Then I pulled the radio unit out from the dash and found no loose connections. It's the Infinity stock setup. Wondering if the rear channel is blown. Are there any other checks I can make before I purchase a unit a replacement unit from Ebay?

Old 08-26-2007, 08:06 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: 02 Ram rear door speaker

try tracing the wires and see if you can find a spot where its damaged or cut. If you can get to the stock amp cheack and see if you have power coming out of the fatory amp for that speaker

Old 02-23-2008, 01:09 PM
effer

I'm having the same issue, no sound from left rear door speaker (w/infinity system).

Please reply if you found a solution?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:39 PM
daytonaramrod

Take the speaker from the door thats not playing,

Take two wires and hold one to the positive terminal and one the the negative terminal,

then touch the other end of the wires to the positive and negative ends on a regular battery (9 volt best)

If the speaker pops then its not blown if it doesnt pop then the speaker if blown

if it pops and is not working then there most likely a problem with the infinity amplifiers

Old 02-25-2008, 03:29 PM
dwoods
Professional

ok if you have a speaker that doesn't work in one side but does in the other i'd be willing to bet anything you have a broke wire in the door jam boot. my PL weren't workin and one speaker wouldn't work so i took the boot off and i had 3-5 wires broke in each rear door. hope this helps.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Baddog543
Veteran

The door on the quad rams are known to be hard on the wiring. I just had wiring fixed on mine, it was causing the interior light and power door lock from working. I would check that.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:13 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

I have the proiblem of the FRONT speakers will vibrate the doors if I play somthing with bass or if i turn up the sound. does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Old 02-25-2008, 06:28 PM
effer

ORIGINAL: Baddog543
The door on the quad rams are known to be hard on the wiring. I just had wiring fixed on mine, it was causing the interior light and power door lock from working. I would check that.
That was my problem with the left rear speaker (and door lock). 5 of the wires in the rubber boot between the door and cab were broken.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:34 PM
effer

ORIGINAL: jstmahoney
I have the proiblem of the FRONT speakers will vibrate the doors if I play somthing with bass or if i turn up the sound. does anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?
I have the same problem. My front (door) speakers sound really muddled at low volume and vibrate/buzz if i turn up the bass or volume.
I thought i read somewhere that might be caused from the polarity not being correct at the speaker and that the wires needed to be reversed, but I haven't had the ambition to look at it. Can anyone substantiate?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:17 AM
effer

ORIGINAL: jstmahoney
try this ? ................

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2002/08-006-02.htm

Quick Reply: 02 Ram rear door speaker