3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What did you do to your ram today

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 04:58 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: What did you do to your ram today

As I've been away most of the last two months on vacation (more of a break from taking care of my parents for over a year) my truck has been parked on the side of the house under a huge live oak tree. A catch 22, either it stays in the driveway in full Florida sun every day or I get the crud on/in it from the oak tree. (Cleaning crud & sap is cheaper than a paint job).
So it just got a good bath (pressure washer), sap removal and I cleaned the leaves/debree off the bed rug. When the sun starts to set and I have some shade to work in, it'll get a real good coat of wax this evening.
Then tomorrow I get to do it all over again on my Grand Cherokee...[:@]

Old 07-19-2008, 08:32 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my 1.5 inch spacers put on all 4 tires and it looks bad ***.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:42 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

As I've been away most of the last two months on vacation (more of a break from taking care of my parents for over a year) my truck has been parked on the side of the house under a huge live oak tree. A catch 22, either it stays in the driveway in full Florida sun every day or I get the crud on/in it from the oak tree. (Cleaning crud & sap is cheaper than a paint job).
So it just got a good bath (pressure washer), sap removal and I cleaned the leaves/debree off the bed rug. When the sun starts to set and I have some shade to work in, it'll get a real good coat of wax this evening.
Then tomorrow I get to do it all over again on my Grand Cherokee...[:@]
Way to go, man. We gotta take care of the parental units at some point. My truck's been living under a crepe myrtle most of the time since I bought the Speed 3. Man, those trees are messy! My heavy labors today were rotating the Speed's tires and painting her brake calipers. The Ram just sat in the shade and watched.

Old 07-19-2008, 09:58 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikeHTally
My heavy labors today were rotating the Speed's tires and painting her brake calipers. The Ram just sat in the shade and watched....
...hungrily, as you played with her food.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:55 AM
jstmahoney
Captain

Bought some NEW OEM style running boards off of ebay for$290.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Unfortunately with the price of gas I looked at her with pride and then hopped into the car to go downtown. Sucks the freaking car gets about 3x better mileage in town beacause the truck is about 3xas fun to drive. Going campingin a couple weeksand the car ain't towing no damn trailer so there. Man I love driving the truck but I sure hate filling the F***er up.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:05 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: xfeejayx

My heavy labors today were rotating the Speed's tires and painting her brake calipers. The Ram just sat in the shade and watched....
LOL! Good one! Actually, the Ram can't hold a candle to this liitle wagon in the quick, fast,and nimble department. It's an amazing rocket!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:06 PM
sk425k
Professional

Well i detailed it totally, put on new brake pakes Akebono Pro-Act ceramic pads all around and replaced my O2 sensor afta the cat on the pass. side bank 2 sensor 2. : ) My check engine light went out after 15 miles and loets hope it stays tht way!!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:31 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

ORIGINAL: xfeejayx

LOL! Good one! Actually, the Ram can't hold a candle to this liitle wagon in the quick, fast,and nimble department. It's an amazing rocket!
Oh i know they're quick, i know someone that has one. however, a rabbit is quicker than you or me too. if my ol lady had a rabbit and played with it more than me, i'd eat it.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:54 PM
throberts
Professional

Dropped a K&N CAI into my hemi....WOW at WOT. I didn't know she would scream that much at >3K rpm...in a good way. Very impressed....first drive I found a nice increase in uphill climbing speed. Never had a CAI on any vehicle before...but this was a very easy install, can't go wrong.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your ram today