3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Finally Getting New Rubber!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
88xj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally Getting New Rubber!

ORIGINAL: bdhuntr

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

nice!! bow season is right around the corner but hey a lil more ground clearance and you wont even need a bow!!
Maybe not a treestand, but I'll still need the bow! Twelve more days til the opener!

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

Sweet deal! You definately won't regret the BFG's. They are awesome tires... Make sure to post up some pics if possible of the new tires!
Here's the deal. I had an '06 Wrangler that I sold to CarMax and then boughtthis truck, so that was $$$. Then I got the CAI system, the billet fuel door and a set of nerf bars( a few $$), so when I talked tires, the wife was a little "perturbed" about the cost, when (according to her) the Michelin LTX's looked like they had plenty of tread. But....when she asked if I was going to drive herto work when it snows, I said "Sure, but not in these Michelins. They're more of a street tire."

So in trying to upgrade while saving a few $$ I decided to get the Nittos (which are still nice tires), although I have always wanted the AT-KO's. Last Friday the wife and I went out for dinner, and I just happened to park next to a '06 F-150 wearing a set of AT-KO's. I pointed them out and said, "Wow! You can really get through deep snow in those suckers! Plus, they look awesome!" She took a "close" look at the tires and asked, "Are they the ones you wanted to get?"

"Oh no, honey! These cost about $30.00-$40.00 more per tire." Her reply: "I need to get to work in the morning and I hate driving in the snow. Go ahead and get them."

I'll have pics posted by Thursday evening!
you know sometimes its just easier to ask for forgiveness then ask for permission.!

Quick Reply: Finally Getting New Rubber!