3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
TORSION BAR BOLT LEVELING
71.43%
TORSION KEY REPLACEMENT (LEVEL)
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

TORSION BOLTS OR NEW TORSION KEYS??

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
cableguy1224
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TORSION BOLTS OR NEW TORSION KEYS??

What do you guys think, I leveled my truck a while back with turning the torsion bar bolts, I have now heard they make the torsion keys that are suppose to keep the stock suspension but add two inch's to the front. Seems mine has a few clunks in the front end and I want it smooth like stock again. If I do the keys will it be smooth like stock?? ALso to the guys who have installed the keys how do you like them???

Thank you

Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 AM
motorhead426
All Star
Default RE: TORSION BOLTS OR NEW TORSION KEYS??

I feel like a broken record... LOL

https://dodgeforum.com/m_951094/tm.htm

Old 09-05-2007, 12:49 PM
HAWKDRIVER
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the kit. (man this is a recurring topic)

Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
cableguy1224
Veteran

sorry for beating a dead horse with this same post, but I was looking for some pros and cons of both ways. Like I said I already did the bolt method and got new two inch longer procomp shocks, just seems like the truck is not as smooth on the front end and clunks a little when I hit wash board type bumps.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Your going to get pros and cons with both. I personally did the keys. The clunks in the front, is it possible your shocks are topping out and a new set of shocks with an extra 2" of travel would solve it?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 PM
cr80renob
Captain

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

Your going to get pros and cons with both. I personally did the keys. The clunks in the front, is it possible your shocks are topping out and a new set of shocks with an extra 2" of travel would solve it?
Hanson always has positive input for every topic! I am impressed.... You're my hero Hanson!

I'm sorry cableguy, but I have always wanted to use this smiley---->[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 09-05-2007, 11:45 PM
cableguy1224
Veteran

Hanson, How does your keys compair to the stock setup? And new sounds from the front end at all?
Also I did install new shocks that were 2 inchs longer and it clunks, They were indeed topping out after the torsion lift. That issue was fixed with the new shocks.

Thank you man!!

Old 09-17-2007, 10:22 AM
motorhead426
All Star

ORIGINAL: cableguy1224

sorry for beating a dead horse with this same post, but I was looking for some pros and cons of both ways. Like I said I already did the bolt method and got new two inch longer procomp shocks, just seems like the truck is not as smooth on the front end and clunks a little when I hit wash board type bumps.
I have similar clunks. I've narrowed them down the to Bilstein shocks. The steel bushings that surround the shock bolts are not a perfect fit, so they clunk a little bit. I just make sure that the rest of the suspension is tight and noise free, and live with the shocks rattling. Down get me wrong though, they don't rattle real bad. You have to really jounce the suspension to hear them. And my Bilstein shocks ride VERY well. Probably better than stock if I didn't have MTZ tires on there. Just an FYI. I've never riden in a truck with ProComps that had a good ride. You might look for another brand.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:35 PM
cableguy1224
Veteran

I am 99.9% positive it is not the shocks. It started doing this right after I leveled it. I have had it at the dealer two times now and they cannot find or hear the problem LOL. So one time I took the mechanic for a little ride and I said NOW CAN YOU HEAR IT, I **** you not he said NO!!

Also the pro comps I think ride very nice for the price, better then stock IMO.

Thank you for the advice Motorhead!!!

Quick Reply: TORSION BOLTS OR NEW TORSION KEYS??