3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what rpm's are best when using a programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 12:46 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what rpm's are best when using a programmer?

i have a bully dog power pup programmer for my hemi, and i have never adjusted the shift points for fear of screwing up my truck. I feel a little braver now that i have done a little research. what points are best for 0-60, 1/4 mile times?

Old 09-05-2007, 07:40 AM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what rpm's are best when using a programmer?

I can't comment on what RPM's to use, but I am curious how you like the Power Pup. I have not heard of anyone that has used it before. Let us know after you get it all tuned out, and tell us about the gains your getting.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what rpm's are best when using a programmer?

I kept my shift points at stock as I do not have any heads or cam mods. It is safe to assume that the mfg putting the WOT shift at 5800 is right at redline and you really don't want to increase it until you do a heads/cam set up. I know there are a couple of guys on here that have it up around 6300, but like I said, I am playing it safe and keeping my stock set up there.

motorhead,
I personally like my pup. I don't goto the dyno nor do I race, so I have no numbers to get to you. I got mine mostly to take the sluggish starting from a stop and better gas mileage. I had the SC Flashpak first and thought I was was having problems and returned it. Turned out that it was something else. There is no real big difference in the 2 that I could feel other than the price. The pup was cheaper. Now SC has a downlaod to view times and speeds now which is a new bonus, so hopefully Bully Dog will come out with one. I still have about 10 updates sitting on my computer for the pup that I still need to upload. I know there are a couple of new things but don't know what they are yet.

Quick Reply: what rpm's are best when using a programmer?