3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Help....superchips

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007 | 08:46 AM
jorswift
|
Rookie
Default Need Help....superchips

I bought a superchips paq off of ebay, and they jerk who sold it told me it was vin unlocked and so did the add. Anyhow, he will not respond to any of my emails. I know I can go through paypal and ebay for a refund, but this is for the 3714 model just for 2003 hemis. It has been hard to find. Is there anyway without spending more money to get it vin unlocked. Does anyone know any secrets or ways around it. Please help. Thanks.

Old 09-07-2007 | 08:55 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Default RE: Need Help....superchips

You would have to call SC. They have been good to alot of peope as far as sending there unit back in to get taken care of. This is really the only way.

Old 09-07-2007 | 09:18 AM
Chaz Fish

I have a buddy, bought one about a year ago for an '06 Hemi, the one you can update online. It was locked, he emailed SC and called them and they basically told him to go scratch. That it meant there was another truck using their tune and one tune per truck, sorry. I don't think he aver did track the guy down and get any satisfaction.

Old 09-07-2007 | 10:09 AM
tnt1036
Professional

I have attached a link that might be able to help you out.

http://www.judgejudy.com/home/home.asp

Old 09-07-2007 | 10:12 AM
jorswift
|
Rookie

HAHA, Yeah, gotta love Judge Judy. Well I tried to contact the seller from ebay and still nothing. So I contacted Ebay and Paypal and I can put a claim in. So we will see what happens.

Old 09-07-2007 | 12:34 PM
workingspy
Professional

I was going to buy a used Superchi of Ebay, I even made the bid. Then I read about this VIN lock and even called Superchips to find out what can be done. There answer was the same, unless the original owner unlocks your screws. They do this so people don't just keep flipping there product and cost them alot of business. So lucky me someone out bit me and I didn't get burned.

Now if you look around or call Superchips you will find that right now there is a nation wide sale for 3815's, meaning that every Superchip dealer in North America is selling that unit for the same price ($499 Canadian). They are also offering a fifty dollar rebate. So maybe they have a sale for that model. Basically there is know cheap way out of this one, if you want the bonus you gotta pay.

[IMG]local://upfiles/59482/5EF5A8709C0E4063A6DF3DA3B0894FA3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-07-2007 | 01:30 PM
Denniss66
Veteran

i was gonna buy the 3715 off of ebay but then i decided just go brand new because i had bought one new before and sold it cause i needed money so i bought one again new because it has all the books that show what the codes mean.Plus i waited one day instead of a month. it cost me 425.00 + tax CDN.
P.S. i also got the superchips stickers those gotta be at least 10hp each.

Old 09-07-2007 | 07:16 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned

ORIGINAL: Denniss66

i was gonna buy the 3715 off of ebay but then i decided just go brand new because i had bought one new before and sold it cause i needed money so i bought one again new because it has all the books that show what the codes mean.Plus i waited one day instead of a month. it cost me 425.00 + tax CDN.
P.S. i also got the superchips stickers those gotta be at least 10hp each.
You didn't have to buy another one just to get the code manual, you can download it.