3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tie Rod Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
duckhead
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tie Rod Replacement

Front tires were eating on the sides and every time I rolled a small bump, I could hear an annoying "knuckling" sound coming from the front end. Had it checked and the dealership service dept confirmed the right front tie rod was shot. That's when my extended warranty finally paid off, got a free rental for 5 days while waiting for the part to arrive over the Labor Day weekend. Cost me a grand total of $100, but no more knuckling, smoother ride and a fresh front end realignment. Tires are rotated now, to prolong the agony of replacement tires in the future. My only beef was that I feel the dealership should have gone ahead and replaced the left side tie rod at the same time. Service Mgr says no-can-do if not worn or defective.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:39 PM
chefred112
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tie Rod Replacement

...I think I'm in the same boat...hafta get under there and check...if gettin bad wear on the tire inners... I'll replace them myself an then get it aligned...

Quick Reply: Tie Rod Replacement