3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bed Rug/Undercover

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Vandal77
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bed Rug/Undercover

Wasn't sure what setup I was going with when I first purchased and my truck. Thought about spray in bed liners, insert, but instead decided on something I was very unsure about, but went with my gut, and it was the Dodge Bed Rug, made by Bed Rug. http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Mop...6153C1103.aspx
So far, so good, no problems to report. We put a hell of a lot of cargo in our truck, lots of boxes, drums, 5 gal pails, and so far, it's holding up real nice, and is also easy on the knees.

For a bed cover, the same decisions had to be made, what would suit us and our company needs. I needed something versitile, that would come off easy and not make me bust a nut if I had to get it off, be light, and yet strong.We choose the undercover hinged top www.undercoverinfo.com I'm real happy with it.

Just thought I'd share some info.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:32 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Bed Rug/Undercover

I have a bedrug, love it. 1st mod actually, got it within a week of buying my truck in '04. I've done everything to it, dumped sand for pavers, spilled gas & oil and it's still in perfect condition. I try to clean it once a year and that's it.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 PM
topcop38
Professional

i just ordered a bedrug and a cap for my truck last week. i've seen them in a few trucks and thought they looked great.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:41 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my '03 QCSB Hemi a month ago. It has an A.R.E. tonneau and a bed rug. I really like both. Don't know if I'm brave enough for sand/gravel/whatever. Guess I'll break out the trailer when I need to haul that stuff.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:57 AM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the bed rug idea. I have just the rubber mat that lies in the bed. Serves the need for me. Red

Old 09-13-2007, 08:45 AM
HemiDen
Rookie

I have an appoint,ent for the Line-X, but I am having second thoughts.... I may do the bedrug.

Another change of mind is the hood defector I went with. I went with tinted as seen in the photo, but it breaks up the chrome of the grill surround, so I am going with the Crome deflector instead... I also plan on putting on the chrome grill inserts too.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:46 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have the bed rug in my 05 dak and love it. as for a cover the under cover is fantastic. also you can paint them but they dont recomend it. i went with the lo pro from a.r.e. painted to match. then i got some bed stripes

Old 09-13-2007, 10:15 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

yeah i just have the rubber mat in mine too....actually it came out of our '96 ram we had lol.....i've thought about doing Line-X, but dont really haul very much in the back so the rubber mat is working out pretty good....but i do like that bedrug

Old 09-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

Polypro will deteriate in the sun. It also does not absorb water but water will go through it and standing water will not cause rust but if you get a bit of rust standing water will accelorate the rust process and keep it spreading..

Old 09-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Rabones22
Rookie

I was debating whether to get a spray-in bedliner and a bedrug but this help confirms that I should jump on a bed rug. I believe it's somewhat cheaper than some prices for a spray-in that ive heard awhile back.

Seems like installation was just a nice fit job?