3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

In which order

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 09:50 PM
mchiodo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In which order

Okay, everyone has been talking about exhaust this, power chips that and CAI. The question I have for you all; Most individualscan't afford doing everything at once so in what order would you do the upgrades? CAI, Exhaust and then Power chip upgrade? That would be my preference. Thoughts???

Also, for the individuals that have done the power chip first without any other mods did you notice a big difference over stock performance? My number one grip is when crusing at normal speed (back roads 20-30mph) the truck doesn't shift right or seem like its it’s in the right gear. Is that MDS or just the fact its in high gear? Putting it in tow/haul modis more tolerable while at this speed..

Old 09-11-2007, 10:06 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: In which order

Exhaust CAI tuner...

Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i went CAI, superchips, and then exhaust....kinda *** backwards but oh welll...if i had to redo it, then i would go CAI, exhaust and then programmer or exhaust, CAI, programmer....either way i would have got the programmer after i did the exhaust and CAI

Old 09-11-2007, 10:43 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: hemiyellow

well i went CAI, superchips, and then exhaust....kinda *** backwards but oh welll...if i had to redo it, then i would go CAI, exhaust and then programmer or exhaust, CAI, programmer....either way i would have got the programmer after i did the exhaust and CAI
Why would you get the programmer last? When I had my hemi and my 3815 you can update it to grow with the mods you add. I say chip, intake, then exhaust.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:44 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

Exhaust CAI tuner...
+1

HA HA HA, Hanson, I remember you +1'd me on the exact same question not too long back. I wonder how many people actually search before they post a question?

Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

ORIGINAL: hemiyellow

Why would you get the programmer last? When I had my hemi and my 3815 you can update it to grow with the mods you add. I say chip, intake, then exhaust.
cause thats the way i like to do things lol.....and plus gotta save up more money for the programmer (if you dont go straight pipe exhaust) and i just cant save money that long lol

Old 09-11-2007, 10:56 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Makes sense. I planned on a lot more mods when I had my Hemi but then traded it in first. I regret not taking my optima battery and intake off before trading it. I took it in for service and saw somethign on the lot I liked a little more and next thing you know, I was driving the 2500. I am glad I returned the flashpaq to stock.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
chefred112
All Star

took 2 years but this is the order I went
-catback exhaust
-powerwire
-cai
-sc flashpaq (when it finally came available
-4.56 gears
-180 tstat
-cam
-efan
-pacesetter lt's
-comp springs an 6.1 push rods
-dr's

Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: chefred112

took 2 years but this is the order I went
-catback exhaust
-powerwire
-cai
-sc flashpaq (when it finally came available
-4.56 gears
-180 tstat
-cam
-efan
-pacesetter lt's
-comp springs an 6.1 push rods
-dr's
Nice set up. and Very impressive times.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:14 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

Exhaust CAI tuner...
+1

HA HA HA, Hanson, I remember you +1'd me on the exact same question not too long back. I wonder how many people actually search before they post a question?
Yeah i hear ya... I don't mind it if its someone thats new though. Maybe they don't know about the search.... Or i dont mind if someone says flat out im too lazy or just didnt have time... been there done that...

Quick Reply: In which order