3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A$$ Raped by Dodge Service?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:20 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A$$ Raped by Dodge Service?

I take my 01 and 06 Pt cruiser's to a local Chrysler dealer and I supply the oil and they supplly the filter and they only charge me $18.00 total.Tire rotation is free on the 06 and only $20.00 on the 01.

[/align]

Old 09-16-2007, 09:51 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

they hammered you for sat. overtime thats all.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Max Power
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: superdak05

they hammered you for sat. overtime thats all.
Maybe, but they should have had it done on Friday night. No way should a guy lose his truck over the weekend for a stupid oill change.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:55 PM
HAWKDRIVER
Professional

WOW. I woud'nt even know where to start. For starters never go there again and pass the word to others. Depending how big the Dealership is and how big of a community they serve you could put a good sized dent in their business. Especially if there are competing Dodge delerships nearby.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:13 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

Sure glad I do my own. I can change my oil and rotate my tires in less time than it takes to drive to the place.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:02 AM
michaelahess
Professional

The dealer I've bought my vehicles from would do that, Fremont Motor Company. Fortunately I go to Riverton Chrysler instead. $27 for an oil change on my '06 1500 Mega, buy four get the fifth free. Wally world will do rotations for $10.

BTW, those of you paying for synth are getting ripped off by a better con than the original posters dealer. Keep your oil changed regularly and there is no wear difference, if you slack with synth though, you'll cause more damage in the long run. But that's another thread I'm sure

Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 AM
TRHemi
Rookie

Thanks for the support guys. Just a little outraged at this whole situation.

And to answer some of ya'lls replies I've always changed my own oil/and rotated my own tires on previous vehicles. But with the purchase of this truck the dealership offered free tires for life (or as long as you own it).........but the catch was that you had to get the oil changed..and tires rotated at the dealership..and on their schedule. All of that was fine with me until this time. I go to talk to the service manager tomorrow after work....and if they don't make it right, I'll create a hella dent in their service.....and sales or do my damnedest.
(HEHEHE...I work for one of the largest companies in Amarillo and know even more people outside of work...due to this being my hometown and going to college here)

I guess I'm gonna check out my options, I live in an apt...kinda hard to change oil in parking lot (will actually get written upif seen by management)...If I find out any loopholes....I'll be sure to post them.

Thanks again for all the replies...and sorry bout the title if anyone was offended (man I was PI$$ED..haha)

Old 09-17-2007, 03:00 AM
TraptuR
Rookie

****. i used to work at a dealership. thats just ****ed up
i would do it my self from now on if i were you

Old 09-17-2007, 07:21 AM
eltupac
All Star

Just buy another set of lock nuts.

At Moronne Dodge I believe they charge $95 for HEMI SRT oil change, plus tax, plus disposal, plus storage, plus, plus, plus. I believe if you have a coupon for a regular truck, they'll change the conventional oil,new wiper blades(which I think they dont, they just clean your old ones) and their famous 3,500 point inspections (which they actually do one, when they check to see what damages your car has before doing any work) for $17.95 plus tax, plus plus plus plus.

That sucks man, but I think its like when you order food and it comes you dont like it, you send it back. Then it comes back, but with a surprise. Good luck with those stealerships.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:53 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

So how did it turn out?

Quick Reply: A$$ Raped by Dodge Service?