3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A$$ Raped by Dodge Service?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 07:38 PM
TRHemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A$$ Raped by Dodge Service?

Really Pi$$ed off! Took my '06 Ram Hemi Q/C Lonestar (2wd) in for oil change and tire rotation/balance Friday 9/14 @ 4pm.

1. Got to dealership and they notified me thatthey would no longer useoil/filter brought in by customers.
(Apparently some idiot only brought in 5 quarts of oil.....and some other idiot tech (most likely related) only put in 5 quarts of oil......causing the engine to blow up (5.7L hemi takes 7quarts).....and Dodge suffered the price of a new engine due to their dumba$$ tech that apparently couldn't read).

But all was not lost as the Service Manager @ the dealership I was at no (name dropping here, AllStar Dodge in Amarillo, TX)
assured me that he would go to O'Reilly's and get the same oil (Mobil 1 Synth) and filter (also Mobil 1) that I had been previously bringing in myself...................WITHOUT a PRICE INCREASE. (refer to this later)

2. (Note: Idropped my truck off @ 3:45...for my 4pm appt. and told them I would pick it up @ 6pm when they closed)
I received a call @ 5:45pm from the service manager saying that they had put my truck on the lift....taken off the oil filter and drained the oil from the pan......but hadn't gotten the oil and filter yet...............he told me I would be out of a truck untilMonday when they resumed business.
I came unglued and.......wound up gettinghim and a tech to come in Saturday (today) @ 9am to finish my truck.

3. Received a call @10:45am Saturdayfrom the Servicemanagersaying that my truck wasfinished and waiting.
By the time I got to the Dealership he was gone....my truck was sitting there just as he said.............................................. ...............butwas:
MISSING THE PASSENGER FRONT LOCKING LUG NUT COVER
AND HAD A BILL FOR.....WAIT FOR IT.........$137.28.

HOLY CRAP!....IS THIS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE PAYS????? I used to work for discount tire...and we would do rotate and bal for free. We have several Kwik Lube's in Amarillo, TX that offer a rotate/bal and oil change for $30 plus tax.

I know that Mobil 1 is more expensive than conventional....but damn! $137.28? That's rediculous!!!
When I buy the oil and filter @ autozone it costs me $45.
Rotate & Balance @ dodge is $30 alone.
So that puts me @ $75....so where did the other $62 and some change come from???
They only put $3 for fee's (shop rags & oil disposal I assume)

WTF?????!!!!!

I know it didn't cost them $62 in gas to have that no talent a$$ monkey run over to O'Reilly's (about a mile from the Dealership) to get the oil and filter.

Really pi$$ed off!!! Please let me know if anyone else has had a similar issue....or similar prices.
BTW- I didn't pay them.....I'm going in Monday to speak with the Head honcho.
Those money grabbing stingy ba$tards charged me:
$10.15 per quart of Mobil1 X 7= $71.05(only 4.95 @ O'Reilly's) =$34.65
$16.93 for 1 freakin' filter(Mobil 1) = $16.93 (only 9.95 @ O'Reilly's) =$9.95
TOTAL.......................=$87.98 .versus my last oil change.=$44.60
DAMN NEAR DOUBLE!!! REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops I left out their $10 labor fee...which is the only fair charge they had!

[IMG]local://upfiles/59295/2BC1E59F494A43C998047B439BFAC51E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-15-2007, 09:27 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: A$$ Raped by Dodge Service?

Wow, I never have anyone else change my oil. The dealer offered me free oil changes (coupons for like 3) and I just threw them away. Noting like changing your own oil and disposing of 3 gallons of it. The local Checkers auto parts loves me when I bring 5 gallon containers two cars and my truck worth of oil and they get to dispose of it.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
cr80renob
Captain

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

Wow, I never have anyone else change my oil. The dealer offered me free oil changes (coupons for like 3) and I just threw them away. Noting like changing your own oil and disposing of 3 gallons of it. The local Checkers auto parts loves me when I bring 5 gallon containers two cars and my truck worth of oil and they get to dispose of it.
Want to help me change mine some time soon?! haha

TRHemi... $137 seems really high!!! I would call the service manager and ask him wtf is this all about[:@]?!

Old 09-15-2007, 10:44 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

once again another story to remind me why i do alll my own work!

Old 09-15-2007, 10:54 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is really high. Hell even if you goto Jiffy Lube, with the amount of oil and using synthetic, they only charge $80.00

Old 09-15-2007, 11:06 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah you got bent over and screwed hardcore.....we did syn oil changes and it was like $45 for a hemi...balance and rotate was $30 or 35.......yep you got it hard dude, i'd be finding me another dealership to go to.....reason why you should go to dealership is cause Chrysler has really stepped up their policy on engine replacements so if you cant prove the oil was changed then your pretty well screwed

Old 09-15-2007, 11:46 PM
marv02
Captain

Can you say ( BOHICA ) Bend Over Here It Comes Again.

Even Walmart changes oil and they are cheeper, As for the tire rotation go down to Discount Tire pay for there tire care program something like $12.00 per tire one time cost they will rotate them after that for free and fix you'r flats also.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:14 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

And that would be the exact reason i do it myself....

Old 09-16-2007, 07:35 AM
a4twenty
Professional

ORIGINAL: TRHemi

Really Pi$$ed off! Took my '06 Ram Hemi Q/C Lonestar (2wd) in for oil change and tire rotation/balance Friday 9/14 @ 4pm.

1. Got to dealership and they notified me thatthey would no longer useoil/filter brought in by customers.
(Apparently some idiot only brought in 5 quarts of oil.....and some other idiot tech (most likely related) only put in 5 quarts of oil......causing the engine to blow up (5.7L hemi takes 7quarts).....and Dodge suffered the price of a new engine due to their dumba$$ tech that apparently couldn't read).
that would have been enough for me to laugh in their face,

"your technicians are to stupid to check the oil level before releasing a vehicle and you expect me to have my vehicle serviced here?????????" said loud enough for everyone in the showroom and out on the lot to hear.

as others have said, this is why i do and have doneallservicework myself on all my vehicles over the years. as long as you keep a log book of the completed service andthe receipts for items bought they can't screw you on your warranty, they can try but .....

if you don't / can't do it yourself you need to find a mechanic you trust and just keep records of the service completed.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

I bet they charged you over time for the guy who did the work. .Next time leave a bag od peanuts on the seat., see if they eat them.

[/align]

Quick Reply: A$$ Raped by Dodge Service?