3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:50 PM
SWOS Chief
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Questions

Ok, so I have a few questions for you all, if you have a few minutes. Feel free to post here or email me at minarya002@yahoo.com. Thanks ahead of time.

1. What is the difference between a leveling kit and a leveling lift kit?
2. Fabtech has two 6" lifts available, the only difference I see is one has coil over springs and costs twice as much, why?
3. Will places like Top Gun Customz let me switch the Fabtech shocks for Bilstein? (figuring I can email them to ask but would ask here first)
4. Fabtech or Pro Comp?
5. Do some kits come for the front only to give the "Baja" look? I don't want this look so I want to make sure.
6. I am a shade tree mechanic but am in the Navy with many, next to, professional mechanis around me and access to autobody shop with all the tools I would ever need and a lift on base. Is it possible for me to do this myself or look to have it installed?
7. I know the law about aftermarket stuff not voiding a warranty, but, if something goes wrong and it can be shown that the installed lift caused it, is my warranty nill and void?
8. What is backspacing and how does it tie into this?
9. Last but not least, is there a reason the University of Nebraska renewed Bill Callahans contract prior to one of biggest games in Nebraska history only to see him fall on his face?

Old 09-16-2007, 11:21 PM
marv02
Captain
Default RE: Lift Questions

Fabtech or CTS lift

Old 09-17-2007, 12:08 AM
prerunner
Captain
Default RE: Lift Questions

1. What is the difference between a leveling kit and a leveling lift kit?
Nothing....there both the same

2. Fabtech has two 6" lifts available, the only difference I see is one has coil over springs and costs twice as much, why?
The coilover system is much more expensive. It replaces the front shock and spring!!!
The cheaper version just comes with a 6" drop spacer to move the stock shock/spring.

3. Will places like Top Gun Customz let me switch the Fabtech shocks for Bilstein? (figuring I can email them to ask but would ask here first)
Probably not, unless u want to pay the extra cash for the bilsteins!!!

4. Fabtech or Pro Comp?
Just had the Pro Comp installed in mine. So far i liky

5. Do some kits come for the front only to give the "Baja" look? I don't want this look so I want to make sure.
I'm sure someone will make one like that, but the fabtech and pro comp are not.

6. I am a shade tree mechanic but am in the Navy with many, next to, professional mechanis around me and access to autobody shop with all the tools I would ever need and a lift on base. Is it possible for me to do this myself or look to have it installed?
I had mine installed, simply because i want someone else to blame if something goes wrong!!!! I believe there are only two cuts for either system. THe rest is direct bolt on!

7. I know the law about aftermarket stuff not voiding a warranty, but, if something goes wrong and it can be shown that the installed lift caused it, is my warranty nill and void?
If u lift.....forget about tranny/driveline/diff/suspension warrantys!!!

8. What is backspacing and how does it tie into this?
Backspacing is for the rims. Tells you how far the rim sticks out.

9. Last but not least, is there a reason the University of Nebraska renewed Bill Callahans contract prior to one of biggest games in Nebraska history only to see him fall on his face?
Go Huskys....i have nothing more to say

Quick Reply: Lift Questions