3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

remote starter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote starter!!!

can anyone reccomend a remote starter for an 03 ram 2500 hemi... aftermarket or from somewhere? a brand? with or without an alarm? what kind of prices am i lookin at? can i install it? how much to get it installed? lol sorry for the quiz!!

Old 09-17-2007, 01:34 PM
SWOS Chief
Veteran
Default RE: remote starter!!!

Actually, I am looking for the same info for an 06' 1500. I have power everything (which if I remember right makes a difference).

Old 09-17-2007, 02:27 PM
moodie
Professional

I just had a Autostart model AS-1755 installed for around $400 Canadian. Works great and range is up to 2200 ft. Go to www.autostart.ca

Old 09-17-2007, 03:19 PM
HAWKDRIVER
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always had good luck with Python or Viper in previous vehicles.

[IMG]local://upfiles/70577/8961A60AE2104F68B0A8B7C6E4A4D655.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
HuskyJazz
Professional

I have a Code Alarm from Altamere. It has a two way remote that can either be a text or a picture of a car. It is an alarma and remote start. As far as distance, I'm not sure the specs but it usually will work up to a pretty good distance. Way farther then standard remotes. I have an 06 and did have to buy a seperate box to bypass the chip in the key. It actually only bypasses it with the remote start. I bought a set of two keys off of Ebay and had AceHardware cut them. They actually did it for free because they were my keys. I recommend going to a place that has always cut good keys, because you only get one chance at it. I then programmed the keys myself because I had 2 other keys that were already programmed. I gave one of my old keys to the installers and they took the chip out. Now I use mytwo new keys that don't have the remote attached from factory. I have been real impressed with my alarm, however I do recommend you find a protective film to put over the screen, because I have scratched the hell out of mine in less then a year. The biggest thing is to go to someone reputable that will do the install. I personally didn't have the time or the knowledge to do my own. Plus I think mine had to be programmed with a special tool to set all of the settings, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Good luck.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:32 PM
HuskyJazz
Professional

Oh yeah, Code Alarm is made by Audiovox. Along with Prestige as well. I don't remember my model # but here is a link that will show you what my remote looks like. http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...&langId=-1

Old 09-17-2007, 07:13 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Where the hell are you getting this money?!?!?!!? Share it!!! Bulldog makes a good starter....can't really go wrong with mopar either....

Old 09-17-2007, 07:36 PM
rebelz99
Professional

Have on orbit FM transmitter in my truck with power lockes and bypass module, cost 350 Cdn, 3 years running and no issue's plus lifetime warranty as long as its in the same truck and same owner.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:15 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could just trade in for a new one....every single vehicle we have in the garage has factory remote start lol.....I have one on my truck, it's a Viper i believe...I had a shop install it cause I didn't have the time to eat and sleep, let alone put in a remote start at the time i had it installed....it was like $200 to haveem install it...range is like 1500 ft or so..dunno for sure tho

Old 09-17-2007, 11:17 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

Where the hell are you getting this money?!?!?!!? Share it!!! Bulldog makes a good starter....can't really go wrong with mopar either....
im 18 live at home and worked 75 hours a week all summer now i work 30 hours a week and go to school full time and do side jobs!!! and im planning ahead!! next is blocks, then intake, than rims and tires... maybe a remote starter in between if its a good deal!

Quick Reply: remote starter!!!