3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

remote starter!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: remote starter!!!

ORIGINAL: moparmutt

I also want the remote start with alarm. I talked to a local place. He said he could install a Viper alarm/start for $499 or one with a pager for $650. Seamed kind of high to me.
He said he had a Hornet system that I could install for $300. It had 1 pager, 1 reg. button, remote start and alarm. The price is better, but I'm going to do some more checking.
I'm having a Viper, installed on Monday. $489 w/pager and remote start (500ft. range on pager). I'll let you know how it turns out. The next highest Viper was $599, installed. The only difference was more available channels and longer pager range (1 mile).

Old 10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

I was mistaken. It was a Python 881XP. I had them install the tilt sensor (extra $50), too, so no one can jack up the truck and swipe the wheels. Install went well. The remote start is nice. It has extra channels left, so I can add the defrost module, windows, etc... I might add window function, later. I live in So. Cal., so I don't really need defrost. The dealer told me the remote was good for 500ft, but the manual says it has a 1 mile range. BONUS!

Old 10-04-2007, 08:17 PM
moparmutt
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did you get it?

Old 10-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

I got it at a local shop (Stereo 1), but you can check outyour local dealer @

www.directed.com

Old 10-05-2007, 08:36 AM
starhm
Amateur

If you are looking simple, Dodge sells remote starters with a factory harness. I got one for $249, three pieces (contol unit, the CPU for your vehicle, and thet-harness to plug into your ignition harness)and did the install myself. The remote is small and goes on the keychain, no lock wires to mess with. You have to run three wires out of the cab if I remember correctly. You will have to check for range. It is an eeay and relatively cheap alternative that is made for the truck.

Quick Reply: remote starter!!!