3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lucas Oil

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007 | 08:18 AM
marv02
Captain
Default RE: Lucas Oil

ORIGINAL: Tailbuster

how much fluid will it hold plus the 4 oz. additive?

The 9.25 rearend hold a little under 3 quarts.

Old 09-28-2007 | 08:36 AM
motorhead426
All Star

I'm sorry, but if this "LE" company is so great, then why has no one ever heard of them? Or are they making products so other companies can put their brand on it?

Old 09-28-2007 | 08:54 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Chaz Fish

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

BTW - you could have made your point without the negative comment directed toward another poster. THAT is what got you in trouble last month...
I apologize, but the guy just struck me as a know it all, and I hate know it alls.
Chaz see the little Red Hand iconunder each poster? Click it on the Poster that you want to block.
Thats what I did and now I can read threads without the negative inputs from that special poster...

Old 09-28-2007 | 09:17 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Now, Mecerdes Benz, and BMW both use Mobil1 in there engines. What do they use in there transmissions? Or is that a totally different thing altogether? If it is, then disregard.

Old 09-28-2007 | 11:35 AM
Duso02
Captain

ORIGINAL: helopilot

ORIGINAL: Duso02

Chaz Fish---Not disagreeing with youbut have you read the Amsoil report on the top of our forums? According to them Lucas is one of the worst you could buy. Hmmmm.....what a dog-eat-dog world in the lubrication business. I'm with Hammer, take your advice from the pro's. They see more diffs in monththen any of us will see in a lifetime.
Isn't that kind of like Chevy doing a research report on trucks and publishing it...I wonder who the say would be the best?
Exactly, I just don't understand why a company feels the only way to make their product look good is to put down the competition. The first hing I learned in sales, promote your product without mentioning the competition.Amsoil is backing it pretty hard claiming it was all done by gov sae standards by a 3rd party, but who paid for it? It's just kinda of alarming about the numbers for both Lucas and RP.

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:02 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Duso02

Exactly, I just don't understand why a company feels the only way to make their product look good is to put down the competition. The first hing I learned in sales, promote your product without mentioning the competition.Amsoil is backing it pretty hard claiming it was all done by gov sae standards by a 3rd party, but who paid for it? It's just kinda of alarming about the numbers for both Lucas and RP.
My guess is Lucas and RP are what Amsoil feels is it's main competition in the high end lubricant market. They probably left Mobil 1 alone due to it's huge brand recognition. I think everyone leaves Mobil 1 alone, it's the industry leader (not saying they are the best, and I'm not saying they aren't) and as such has too good a rep to try and knock them down. I think ANY other lubricant company is realistically shooting for #2.

Old 09-29-2007 | 04:44 AM
M15
Veteran

I use Lucas in everything with excellent results. And since my family works for them I hear countless good things from racers,engine builders,truckers ect.... and for the synthetic gear oil you don't need to add a friction modifier its allready in it. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Lucas Oil