3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How is your Ram holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 04:25 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How is your Ram holding up?

A lot of the shine I have my 06 25004wd reg cab 6spRam is lost. but not all gone. Now is the Time For my Dodge dealer to step up.

I love the Hemi, no gripes with gas mileage on this truck, and after a year, my Ram has hold up better than any new Ford pick up I have owned.

But, The truck rattles like a grey hound bus, front suspension on the 2500 is making strange rubbing and rattleing nioses, could be the right front ball joints, cruse control quit working for the 2nd time, the clutch pressurplate is clunknig big time.

For reg cab truck, rattles in the passenger.drivers windows are unacceptable, sounds like the windows are falling out of the tracks.

Othier wise my Ram is awsome, I have 30,000 Km on it now, surprised I have made it this long with out any issues.

Minor as my issues are, I'm in this truck a lot, I work it hard ( don't abuse it ) and only used 4x4 on winter roads.

My dodge dealer to date has been so/so with warenty issues, this friday My truck is booked in.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: How is your Ram holding up?

Both of my Rams are still tight.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:34 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

3 years, 3 months, 37,000 milesand not a single warranty issue. Still tight, no noticeable rattles at all, but if there are, I'd probably not hear them over the headers and flowmaster.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:55 PM
nastyram
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

at 72000 miles my holdin up just fine,no rattles,clucks nothing,only thing warranted was a front hud bearing,did it my self an they paid me

Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 PM
TRHemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a warranty issue on the driver's seat (cloth). I'm not exactley a fat-a$$ weight ranging from 215-245lbs, but at around 18K miles the seat was really showing wear. The dealership kinda hum-hawwed around...until I told them the ford I traded in had 81K miles and interior...exterior..etc were in perfect condition.
They then had a local shop (build up) the foam padding and...supposedly replaced the bottom seat cloth cover itself.
The truck is now at 24K miles and it is worn out worse than last time (previously the dealer recommended I put steps on the truck, which I did......I have a hard time stepping indue to 2 knee surgeries in the last 3 years).

I'm gonna take it back to them andsee what they offer as a solution this time.
No other warranty issues.

Quick Reply: How is your Ram holding up?