3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Repair Manuals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007 | 09:45 AM
SWOS Chief
|
Veteran
Default Repair Manuals?

So, back in 04, Mr. Chilton and I pulled and stripped a 4.7L out of an 01 Durango. At the time I had a very basic knowledge of a motor. The manual had just came off the press, had to order it direct from the company, and worked great.
Here is my problem, now I am going to install a lift and, once again, I am in an area I don't know squat about. Fabtech has great instructions but I can honestly say I know very little about suspensions. Wanted to get the Chilton or Haynes manual but neither have one for the 06's yet. Yes when I say very little I mean, I am pretty sure what the tie rod is, ball joints??, etc. etc.
Any tips? The good thing is I am fairly smart and figure things out. Not to mention the fact that I will be working with others that have a better mechanical knowledge than I. I will also be utilizing the Navy auto body hobby shop so I can borrow any tools, jackstands, etc. that I need. I just wish I had one of those books. I think I will call to see if they are coming out anytime soon.

Old 10-02-2007 | 09:51 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Repair Manuals?

go to hemitruckclub.com they might have your manual and if they do its free and like 3k pages of info!

Old 10-02-2007 | 11:59 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Default RE: Repair Manuals?

That's the newest one they have, 2006 Dodge Ram FSM.

Quick Reply: Repair Manuals?