3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Is this suppose to be here, whats this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this suppose to be here, whats this?

On my 07 4X4... theres a tube about an inch that connects to that little nipple on that airbox.....Don't know whats up with the plugged end by the battery... But nonetheless... if there's no hose hooked up to the air box.. I'd plug that hole before it starts suckin somtin terrible... remember that nipple is on the clean air side of the filter.....

Old 10-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Max Power
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have that wire too. It has a "PTO" tag on it.

No idea what it is for.....

Old 10-02-2007, 11:54 PM
jbs_hemi4x

[sm=smiley20.gif] Thanks all of you, I'm at ease now. The check engine light didn't come on today(cracked hose replaced), so all is well. I will probably stop by a random dealership and ask them about the intake just in case. I'm not too worried cause further forward there's a formed opening much larger to suck in cool air, but I still want to make sure. I wish there was a picture somewhere with a stock engine so I could compare.
Thanks Again,
JB

Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 AM
MIGRIDE

nipple next to battery is the breather for front diff. now for the hose fitting for the air box, the other end should be at your oil filler neck about 2 inches down the oil filler cap, u are missing a hose

Old 10-03-2007, 06:15 AM
Beezz27

Its to early to go out and raise my hood but Max said he had the orange wire too, and it was tagged PTO that usually stads for "power take off" usually used for wreckers, flatbed dump trucks, etc.. I know your truck as most others will NEVER have a PTO added to it but as with all manufacturers they produce 10 different truck configurations but only 2 or 3 different wiring harnesses, so any leadthat is not used on your particular vehicle gets capped and taped up. So no worries on that wire. And hey if you ever add a dump bed to your truck that uses a PTO then you are covered cause you have the indicator wire!

Old 10-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Max Power
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Beezz27

Its to early to go out and raise my hood but Max said he had the orange wire too, and it was tagged PTO that usually stads for "power take off" usually used for wreckers, flatbed dump trucks, etc.. I know your truck as most others will NEVER have a PTO added to it but as with all manufacturers they produce 10 different truck configurations but only 2 or 3 different wiring harnesses, so any leadthat is not used on your particular vehicle gets capped and taped up. So no worries on that wire. And hey if you ever add a dump bed to your truck that uses a PTO then you are covered cause you have the indicator wire!
An indicator wire is about all it could ever be as it is not any bigger than a standard speaker wire.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 07 Ram TRX4

On my 07 4X4... theres a tube about an inch that connects to that little nipple on that airbox.....Don't know whats up with the plugged end by the battery... But nonetheless... if there's no hose hooked up to the air box.. I'd plug that hole before it starts suckin somtin terrible... remember that nipple is on the clean air side of the filter.....
+1 On the Nipple, it is above the filter.

[IMG]local://upfiles/59926/F3FF31B802D4477CA59771909F540587.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/59926/E289480BFD364EB19E8975081FE76DBF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-03-2007, 09:44 AM
jbs_hemi4x

Thanks guys, I'm in the office and can't run out now and check, but I dont remember anything missing from the oil filler neck, I"ll check it in a bit, plus it's dark and my hood light is out [&o]. I'm glad I asked and I really appreciate the help,thanks for the pics.
JB

Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I the only one who read almost every post on the site soon after joining? The "orange wire mod" was a hot topic back in the day. Basically it makes the ECU ignore certain CEL tests because it assumes the engine is being used as a power source rather than to propel the vehicle.

Yes, it's stock, and no, it isn't particularly useful.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: John M

Am I the only one who read almost every post on the site soon after joining? The "orange wire mod" was a hot topic back in the day. Basically it makes the ECU ignore certain CEL tests because it assumes the engine is being used as a power source rather than to propel the vehicle.

Yes, it's stock, and no, it isn't particularly useful.
Yeah I'm kinda thinking that this truck was Un-Modded and stock stuff was put back on it. Maybe from different year trucks.
And this is just a guess...
Example: It had a CIA and the owner wanted to keepthe CIAto put on his new truck, but he had tossed his originalfilter box, so he puts the filter box from his new truck on the old truck. Just a guess.

Quick Reply: Is this suppose to be here, whats this?