3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Side Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 11:34 PM
NightStalker77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Pipes?

Hey,
I own an '03 Ram Quad /short bed 2wd, 4.7 with auto trans. I really want torun headers with side pipes.
Now I need help finding the side pipes!!!! I would love to have the Vette or Cobra 427 system , but I will settle for working side pipes. Please if any body knows where to find pipes I would be grateful for the info.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:27 AM
OldMoparMan
Veteran
Default RE: Side Pipes?

Not even aware of a market for side pipes any more, unless they're for a Vette. Last time side pipes were popular, was in the late 70's and early 80's, during the Van craze.... (baar-chicka-baar, baaaaar.....)

With that being said, you can always check with JCWhiteney, as I've seen stuff like that there. Like these......

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...Ntt=side+pipes

Worst case scenario, check with a Corvette supplier, and see if you can get a reasonable priced set of reproductions, then have a local muffler shop bend pipe to feed each one off the Y-pipe. Problem is with that, is it gets pretty rich, buying corvette parts, even used. Here's a kit for aver $2000......[:@]

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1335

Granted, it's in stainless, but that's a lot of coin. Old NOS stuff rusts...........

Headers wouldn't exactly be necessary, and I'd resist the removal of your catalytic converters, just for side pipes, especially due to possible future replacment of fines.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:34 AM
topcop38
Professional

i have a tie died (sp?) shirt for ya too.
seriously though, they are pretty much non-existant anymore but i would check JC whitney. also, look for a good corvette forum or local club and check with them. beware, they aren't cheap and i wouldn't get rid of your convertors.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:20 AM
jorswift
Rookie

I used to have working side-pipes on my lowered S-10 a couple of years ago. But I used laker pipes that they used to put on the old hot rods. Google "lake pipes" and see what you come up with.

Quick Reply: Side Pipes?