3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SRT-10 Hood

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:11 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default SRT-10 Hood

I think the last thing I really want to do to my truck is get an SRT-10 hood for it. For those that have added the SRT-10 hood, what's the best way to go about doing this? Can I get it done through the dealer and installed there? I know that I would get raped on the cost that way, though. Should I check through a local body shop?

My truck is silver, which from what I understand is one of the hardest colors to match. Anyone have any advice, and what I can look at as far as a price range?

Thanks!

Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT-10 Hood

the dealer can do it... maybe check ebay and some local shops shop around get the best deal also check different websites that carry replacement parts

Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have found that a good source to buy hoods, fender flares, or any other add on that must be painted to match can be done by truck cap dealer/installer. They will usually kill a stealership on price and deal with color matching of paints every day in the fiberglass cap business. I have one about 10 miles away that started out in 1973 building their own bed caps. Over 30+ years they have expanded to all truck accessories and even high end video/stereos.
I know I've been saying that the cam will be my last mod, but there is this hood I really like and if I get it, I'll let them do it...

Old 10-05-2007, 10:56 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i'd deffinitly check ebay cause theres always a couple floatin around on there....the price on the hood through the dealer is deffinitly rape (even employee price isnt that great...25% discount [better then nothing tho])....however, like it was mentioned before, there are some good sites around that have some pretty reasonable prices on the hoods and i wouldn't have the dealer do it, i'd do it myself...it's not very hard, just takes a lil patience and some time

Old 10-06-2007, 06:31 PM
chopperzen
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try carhoods.com or stylin concepts. I ordered mine through stylin concepts. A body shop could fit and paint it for you cheaper than a dealer.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:15 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Great. Thanks, all! I'll look and see if I can find one online. I'll also check with the body shop near my house and see if they can do anything for me. I'll be honest, I never really even thought of that. Thanks again!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chopperzen, what year dodge is that? Is it actually a solid hood with open vents or are the scoops just for looks?

Quick Reply: SRT-10 Hood