3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interior cleaning products??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Mopartoya
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior cleaning products??

What do you guys use? I have an '06 Ram w/ leather. My cousin has a GenII Ram and his dash is all cracked up. He says it's from Armor All. I know the GenII and GenIII dashes are different, but still. I'm worried about using something on my dash that will crack it. What do you use on you GenIII dash? Is armor all safe? Also, what do you use on your leather seats? When I bought my truck I got a "ResistAll" cleaning kit from the dealership that is supposed to warranty all things it cleans (dash, leather, tires, paint, etc.). Its got about 6 different bottles of cleaners/protectants. Well, it's over priced I'm sure and would rather be able to pick up good ol Armor All products from Wal-Mart instead of going to my dealer for cleaning products.

So, guess all I'm asking is what do you use for your leather and dash to clean/protect it, and do you know if it's safe?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:10 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Interior cleaning products??

MOTHERS!! i love their products they all work great!

Old 10-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have that stuff from the dealer too. I love it so much that when I bought my ram I came across the onesgiven to me by the dealer on my previous truck. The car wash sucks. The wannabe armor all shines but not as well as other products. The wannabe scotch guard does not stop jack from seeping into fabrics nor does it stop stains. There are a couple of other bottles but I can't remember what they do. I'm not one for washing and detailing my truck, or any other vehicle, religiously but when I do I will just use armor all cleaner then the protectant after. I might wash and detail my truck next weekend, I mean it's only been 3 months since I washed my truck.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:24 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

I've never had a problem with Armor All...... Have used it for years.. both the wipes and the original spray bottle stuff..... Never had a cracked dash......Does he live in an area where cracked dashes are the thing due to the weather?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
bigsimp
Rookie

Son of a gun is the best in my opinion. I have heard bad things about Armor all as well. I will stick with Son of a gun it looks good and never had any problems with it.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:12 PM
helopilot
Veteran

Pledge dusting spray...been using it for years in all of my vehicles. Plus an added benefit is that when it evaporates from the heat of the dash it does not cause the haze to form on the inside of the windshield like Armor-all and the others.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Kooda
Rookie

Try using the 303 Products protectant.

Quick Reply: Interior cleaning products??