3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My 'new' '05 Ram is overheating - need some advice please

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Ramguy420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 'new' '05 Ram is overheating - need some advice please

I just purchased this truck at auction, it's an '05 Ram 1500. The truck overheats and I do not know why; I have tried replacing the thermostat as well as flushing the cooling system. I would turn on the heat and that would bring the temp down if I was at a traffic light, but now with the new thermostat it seems to overheat even faster. Last night even at one point, there ws no hot air coming out of the vents when i tried that trick. The truck said it was overheating, but this time underhood temps didnt seem that much. (I can verify that the radiator was boiling at one point yesterday, so it's definitely getting hot).

Any help is greatly appreciated, i'm trying to try all my options before I go for the water pump.

Thanks.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:09 AM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: My 'new' '05 Ram is overheating - need some advice please

Did you bleed your coolant after installing and flushing? Sound like air in the system to me.

If that is not the case I would guess a plugged up system @ the heater core.

Quick Reply: My 'new' '05 Ram is overheating - need some advice please