3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 Ram Heated Seats, HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Hemi #643
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 07 Ram Heated Seats, HELP PLEASE!

Don't give up your close if you found the other wires.I know that DCX has a differant wire harness depending on the seat style ordered. Look at the salvage yards and try and find a truck that had the heated seat option. Or on this form under parts for a truck being parted out. The harness should be a plug and play exchange with the other harness if you can trace it back. Just a thought you could run a pigtail lead from the seat to the other wire set you said you found.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Hemi #643

If you give up I'll take the switches and the bezel off your hands.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
biglg
Professional

Sorry, I returned the parts this morning!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A single pair of missing wires made you give up on having heated seats? I had no idea such a large part of the setup was already present in trucks that didn't come with the option - you were so close!

Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang man hate to hear that you gave up. Check the PM I sent ya with the latest info I found for ya. And no not all 07 leather seats are heated.....

Old 10-16-2007, 11:27 AM
roark1138

I have a somewhat related question.

I would like to buy a used '07 Ram 1500 ST Big HornI found, but the stock cloth seats are so uncomfortable I would never buy the truck. I literally could not feel my backside for 10 minutes after sitting/test driving the truck for about 40 minutes. Very bummed, as I really like this truck.

So my question is to those who have swapped out seats -- Is the seat construction of the leather seats actually different than the cloth seat construction? Or is it pretty much a different of what material you are sitting on?

I am willing to buy this truck with cloth seats if I can immediately turn around and put a different (build-wise) set of power seats in it that will fit on the same track/rails.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Hemi #643

The foam in the leather seat is a thicker density and the leathers depending onthe style have a bolstered back. GJ/CJ bolster back, VLL non-bolstered.

Anything else?

Old 10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
roark1138

Would the leather seats in a laramie mega cab fit on the same track/rails as a quad cab? I did find an 07 mega cab in my area with leather seats and I could give it a test drive to try out the seat if I knew they would fit in a quad cab.

Finally, are there any other alternative seats options about there? I've seen discussion about SRT-10's that I had never heard of before yesterday, but my impression is they are extremely difficult to get a hold of.

Ugh -- I'm wondering if I'm just trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and perhaps I should move on. I would like a truck, but do not like the F150 or Silverado or Sierra much. The Tundra is obnoxiously expensive.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Hemi #643

Mega Cab seats will not fit a quad cab because of the design. There is 2 differant type of seats used in a quad cab. The first is an SCS III, this seat has a oval control for the power seat on the drivers side. The second is a THDS, this seat has three small switches to control the power seat. Never use a Standard seat in a quad cab and always use the same type seat as a replacement. SCS and THDS had a differant wire harness. Last but not least. Trucks ordered without heat have a differant wire harness than a truck ordered with heat. If you but a heated seat for a replacement your wire harness in a non-heat truck will not operate the heat pads. Also leather seats had the option of a power passenger seat.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
roark1138

Thank you yes -- extremely helpful.

So based on what you said, below (from the truck I want) is an SCS.

Basically if I want to see if the leather seat is more comfortable for me (enough to swap it out) I need to find a quad cab that has SCS leather seats. I'm wondering how difficult it will be to find one. Also, I need to ensure I do not get a power passenger seat in leather because since the 07 I'm eyeballing has a manual seat, there would be no way to power the power seat.

I do have one last question, if you do not mind. Are the SCS 07 seats the same as the 06 and 08 in the quad cab? If so, it would make it much mucheasier to 1) find a quad cab with SCS leather to test drive, and 2) find SCS leather seats to buy.

Thanks again -- really appreciate your help and information

Quick Reply: 07 Ram Heated Seats, HELP PLEASE!