3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07 Ram Heated Seats, HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 PM
biglg
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Ram Heated Seats, HELP PLEASE!

I purchased some leater seats out of another 2007 dodge ram. The seller of the leather seats said my seats have the heater option, possibly all leater seats already have the heated seat option? How do i know if mine do in fact have them. My reason for concern!

I got he heated seat switches intstalled! My truck was prewired with the connectors behind the center bezel. However, i turn them on and the light on the switches flashes. The manual said if they flash that means they need service.

A couple questions. First, are we 100% sure the seats are heated? If not how can we determine this. Are all 07 leather seats equipped with the heat pads in them? Secondly, does the dealer have to flash my truck to know I have heated seats, do some programming, etc? Please any help asap would be great!

Thanks again and please any help asap would be greatly apprecaited as this is driving me crazy!
Landon

Old 10-11-2007, 10:21 AM
biglg
Professional
Default RE: 07 Ram Heated Seats, HELP PLEASE!

All these members and no one has a clue. That is one thing I miss about my 2007 Tahoe! My dealership was on the ball and www.chevroletforum.com had a member that was a GM Engineer and he could find an answer to any question you could come up with. By the way, my Dodge Dealership has nice employees, but damn they dont have a lot of knowledge on the newer vehicles. Living in a small town might be a little bit of the problem!

Please if anyone has experiece with the programming of my 07 ram and if adding the heated seats requires a reprogram I would love to have the information.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:49 AM
SWOS Chief
Veteran

I wonder if you disconnect the negative on the battery for a while then reconnect it if it might pick up the add-on, kind of like adding a program to your home computer you know?

Old 10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
biglg
Professional

I tried the battery option. No success! My dealership says it isnt programming. Since the lights are flashing the truck is recognizing the sytem?? I dont know if I believe this. I will have to mess with it all again tonight and I will remove the front seats again and see if they do for sure have the heated pads in them!

Old 10-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Hemi #643

The leather seats came heated or non-heat depending on the DCX order. The easy way to check is to look at the rear of the back of the seat where it meets the cushion. The will be a wire through the back of the seat leading down into the wire harness under the cushion pan/or riser assembly.

Good luck

Old 10-11-2007, 01:20 PM
biglg
Professional

Thanks for the info! So if I say the wiring is there any ideas why it isnt working?

I still believe it may be a programming issue. Doesnt my trucks computer need to know that there is now heated seats andswitches installed? My 07 tahoe had to have any and every electrical modification programmed via Tech II!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Hemi #643

I don't know about the programming but there was, as I posted in another thread 2 styles of seats an SCS and a THDS style of seats. These use a differant wire harness for each style and you may not have the correct connector in the truck wire harness. If you look at your old seat on the drivers power adjustment control if it was oval and the new seat control is oval you bought the same style of seat. If one was oval and the other had three small switches then you purchased a differant style seat and may have to switch the wire harness or modify it. Other than that make sure you hooked up all of the wires. The heat wires are often tucked up under the seat and may have been overlooked on the install.

Hope this helps

Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
biglg
Professional

Yeah both old and new seats have the same oval style button!

I will make sure that all wires are in tact tonight. But when i installed the new seats I verified that nothing was unplugged and everything seemed to be good to go! I will double check again tonight! Thanks for the infor and hopefully I can get this fixed asap!

Old 10-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Hemi #643

So what did you find?

Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 PM
biglg
Professional

WEll, i found a WTF!

My truck had the wiring harness's and connectors behind the dash for the switchs. So I guess the rest would be there.

Anyways, the seat harness, that is connected to the seat has 11 wires. The connector out of the carpet and into the seat harness has 9 wires. Guess what, the two remaining wires are for the heated seats. SO my seats are wired, my factory harness to the seats arent.

However, I dug around under the dash and found the two wires I need to make this work. Why they didnt run them on down and into the connector I dont know. NOt I just have to figure out where they start and finish and wire them to the connector. However, I may give up first and call it quits. Anyoe want some heater switches and bezel for an 06/07 ram?

Quick Reply: 07 Ram Heated Seats, HELP PLEASE!