3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'07, '08 Ram steps/nerfbars too short!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 PM
fitpays
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07, '08 Ram steps/nerfbars too short!!!!

hey guys, i guess i will be posting a few threads on here since i just sold my 97 and got a 2008 hemi quad cab. anyway, i got the factory chrome nerfbars with the two steps molded in them. does anyone make a bracket to move them out from under the damn rocker panels?!?!?!!?!? those steps are worthless. i can barely get my foot on them to get into the truck and they are a tripping hazard when getting out of the truck. i wear running shoes to work and this is a problem. what is going to happen when i am hunting and wearing boots? i am guessing that i will probably need ot fabricate new brackets to move them out from under the truck. i am hoping someone has already dealt with it and has some tips. any help would be appreciated. i'd gladly purchase new brackets to remedy the problem, but i am guessing i will have to make my own.

Quick Reply: '07, '08 Ram steps/nerfbars too short!!!!