3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck got broken into. =(

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:31 PM
lewpuckett
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truck got broken into. =(

man I hate that
evil sadistic [sm=badbadbad.gif].

I agree with the above mentioned security systems.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:54 PM
mlrtme315

Just a quick question, for those of you with your own "security"systems, have you ever even come close to being "car jacked" or BROKEN into while you were carrying? I very rarely carry my XD 40, dosent help that I have to go onto a Military base almost daily and they DONT like us bringing weapons off and on (it is registered on post). I might just be reading things wrong but what good would having a gun IN the truck do? You gonna run out there past them and grab it?
Now if its at the house and someone breaks in, I will be the first one out there scaring some punk *** kids away. Of course, even before I had the gun I "interupted" both times my dakota was trying to be broken into. Just wondering.

Mark

Old 10-13-2007, 02:52 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

Move to texas where the policy is shoot some, shoot some more, drink some beer, nap, then ask questions (maybe).

Old 10-13-2007, 09:50 AM
topcop38
Professional

in PA you cannot use lethal force to protect property. you are required to retreat from a deadly situation if possible except in your home or place of business.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:46 PM
nozmadd0x
Veteran

I feel your pain. My ram came with the plain stock 17" rims and i put the 20" stock rims on it. About 3 months later, my dodge was stolen from my drive way when we had the windows open (which is a completly other story). Of course we don't have an alarm system. Aperently, all they have to do to break into a dodge is to lift up the door handle cover and use a screw driver to move a pin and their in. The police found my truck down the street from me in an ally backed into a spot behind a 2 car garage so that you could not see them taking the rims. Well, they put my truck on blocks, ripped out my stereo system and my Ka-Bar knife, and left me with a nice dead battery and ripped to shreads ignition. After about 1.5 total weeks in the shop, I now have a system less truck with nice special edition rims. We still do not have an alarm system but we park my dads Ford Ranger infront of it in the drive.

Quick Reply: Truck got broken into. =(