3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck got broken into. =(

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truck got broken into. =(

I feel your pain, my truck was vandalized, had items liberated (see my gallery) and I know that there is nothingI can really do about it. if I do not catch them they are free and clear.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:38 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

yea that sux everytime i see your gallery jimmy i just frown and say thats BS!!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Never happened to me in Los Angeles. I move to Phoenix area and first the mini van broken into and ipod stolen. then my truck. Then I have the wonderful expirience of someone spraying my truck and some other vehicles on the block with a fire extinguisher.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hemiriden

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

thats y i put in a smith and wesson security system sorry to here about the bad luck
I keep a Remington 12 ga. with aSpringfield XD 45 backup security system. I also have (recommended for ANYONE who has money in their vehicle) a paging alarm. It pages the hand fob. I also have glass that you can't see into (not completely legal). I feel your pain though. I have had nice system stolen from me in the past... and with each oneI keep adding another level of security. I've had the alarm go off a few times at home, and when the key fob goes off you WILL hear it.... it is a loud squeeling noise... kinda like a fire alarm. If you want to make sure you hear it... keep a second set of keys (with fob) in the dresser drawer next to the bed... never again will your truck be tampered with without your knowledge.

Tip: If you have a shotgun get some of these: http://www.deltaforce.com/catalog/lesslethalammo.html

#1 they dont' know it's rubber... and if you DO fire it they will SH*T there pants (I would) and it will knock them down... I keep 2 rubber, 2 Slugs, and 1 Birdshot in it for home defence. Ihave a simular setup for my 45... There are less-than-lethal ways to protect yourself....
Sorry, but I can't agree. My truck ain't worth that. You come running out of the house with a shotgun in your hands, that is no longer personal defense, you are on the offense. What happens when youpoint that "less then lethal" at the bad guy breaking into your truck?His buddy that is on watch and you didn't see doesn't know it's not deadly so he starts blasting away with a 9mm. Home envasion is one thing but I'm not starting a gunfight in my front yard with rubber bullets.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Hemiriden
Professional

ORIGINAL: Duso02
Sorry, but I can't agree. My truck ain't worth that. You come running out of the house with a shotgun in your hands, that is no longer personal defense, you are on the offense. What happens when youpoint that "less then lethal" at the bad guy breaking into your truck?His buddy that is on watch and you didn't see doesn't know it's not deadly so he starts blasting away with a 9mm. Home envasion is one thing but I'm not starting a gunfight in my front yard with rubber bullets.

Its primary purpose is to scare them off. The simple chambering of the shotgun round is enough to scare most people away. The common thief is in for the quick ****** and grab. Most are afraid of even being seen. The Purpose of the rubber bullets is for that JUST IN CASE scenario. Also iffor any reason you do have to fire, God Forbid, firing your first shot as a less-than-lethal round is a big jump in your favor when going to court. It shows your intensions are to protect and not offensive or to kill. I agree that a gunfight would be bad, and I'd like to avoid that.... if it did come to that well I can go through 5 rounds in a shotgun very quickly. At that point… well……

I also live in a tight community. Everyone knows everyone kind of thing... one gun shot and I'd have 3 other neighbors with shotguns outside too... just how it is.... call it the redneck society.... Good news is there has not been any form of theft, vandalism or anything for a LONG time... at least in our little group of houses....

Old 10-11-2007, 04:57 PM
///Matt
Rookie

or not. No one new I had it except the shop that sold it to me and acouple of my friends. I didn't post pictures and stories on any site. ***.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

ill do an alarm eventually with a pager and stuff but my house is the house on the block all the gangsters walk by sayin they are the crazy a** hicks dont mess with them get the neighbors gotta love my pop! lol
lol it's great playing that role no? our neighbors I swear to god are illegal immigrants, with two big 12 passenger vans, white, no lettering on them, pretty banged up. well yesterday they forgot to put one in park and it rolled into the road and into the creek near their house which it's like a 12 foot drop down then water. it was a funny sight. i woulda helped but one of those vans cut me off when I was in my dad's new truck so they can f off.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:55 PM
///Matt
Rookie

Just got the estimate from the dealer..... Gonna cost almost $3000 once it's all said and done. Luckily I've only gotta pay my $500 deductible.[/align]

Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I always used to keep a .45 in my truck and a 9mm in my car. Truck is bigger, needs a bigger gun!
But the college age girl next door had the window of her Honda smashed one night. Got her checkbook, stereo, CD's and I don't know what else. But her car was about 20 ft. from my truck. So it was a wake-up call. I brought the guns in the house. I started carrying a handgun out & in with me everyday, but it gets old, so now some days I do, some I don't. Maybe when it gets cool enough to wear a sweatshirt or jacket, I'll just carry (I have a concealed permit) when I go out (except work). But I know that it would suck to lose a gun out of the truck, and would really be a tragedy if someone were to shoot someone with my stolen gun.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

I always used to keep a .45 in my truck and a 9mm in my car. Truck is bigger, needs a bigger gun!
But the college age girl next door had the window of her Honda smashed one night. Got her checkbook, stereo, CD's and I don't know what else. But her car was about 20 ft. from my truck. So it was a wake-up call. I brought the guns in the house. I started carrying a handgun out & in with me everyday, but it gets old, so now some days I do, some I don't. Maybe when it gets cool enough to wear a sweatshirt or jacket, I'll just carry (I have a concealed permit) when I go out (except work). But I know that it would suck to lose a gun out of the truck, and would really be a tragedy if someone were to shoot someone with my stolen gun.
Hammer, you should not have stolen guns

Quick Reply: Truck got broken into. =(