3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

To those in SW WA/NE OR. Dealer rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 12:53 AM
JD1500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To those in SW WA/NE OR. Dealer rant

Never Ever, ever use Gilbert Auto group for anything.

I heard bad things about them, but since moving to the area was forced to take my truck there to see about some front end noise. Clunking, feel a bump in the floorboard over bumps, ltos of bushing noise and creaking,

Trip #1, oh, nothing is wrong maybe a bad shock but we cant realy tell, schedule an appt if your that worried

Trip #2. Well, looks like a bad schock, but we are not positive, and we have to ship them to dodge..(BS Excuse) followed by. Drive it and bring it back if there is oil in the fenderwell. then well know a seal is bad.

I get a little testy, tell them i am not an idiot, and to check it for real, and fix it. they keep truck for 2 Days, and when i pick it up, tell me again. Well we cant find anything wrong, we took the shocks out and looked at the front end, but you have warranty left, so drive it and see if it gets worse. Mind you, i checked all the bolts on the front end, NOTHING ever even had a wrench on it.

So, i politly tell the service manager where he can go, and call the dealer i bought it from. schedule an appt for today. drove it 2 hours to the dealer.

Pull my truck in, over the bump to the service bay and he says. Well, the tie rods are loose. Checks them, sure enough. But ill check it more thouroughly, here is a loaner, ill call you when its ready. Calls me an hour later. "well, both tie rods have some play, we orderd you new ones. both shocks are bad, and have bad mounts in them, bushing are worn, and loose, we orderd you new ones of those too. It's fine to drive though, so well call when the parts are in and get you scheduled" wow, no bs.

so my truck is getting fixed. Thank you Wysup in pullman wa

Gilber Auto is taking over the south east washington north east oregon area, so if you are there, watch out.

thanks for letting me rant.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Max Power
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: To those in SW WA/NE OR. Dealer rant

SW WA/NE OR are quite a distance apart.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:48 AM
JD1500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: To those in SW WA/NE OR. Dealer rant

Yes, good point. SE washington my bad. NE Oregon.

Quick Reply: To those in SW WA/NE OR. Dealer rant