3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Daytona Ram Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 AM
firebrink
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Ram Exhaust Tips

I was wondering if anyone on here with the Daytona Ram has swapped out their Borlaresonator exhaust tips for aftermarket non-resonator tips. I am wondering if it will bring out some of the sound of the Borla exhaust system. The exhaust really makes some sound when accelerating but sounds stock at idle and on the highway. It seems like it should have the potential to be louder (and I think it should be, especially when they say the borla exhaust makes up about $600 to $700 of the Daytona package) Just want to see if anyone knows if it makes a difference before I go out and spend the money on new exhaust tips.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:33 PM
firebrink
Default RE: Daytona Ram Exhaust Tips

No one has done this or know of someone who has.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:05 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most people don't want to spend money to add a drone during highway driving. A truck is supposed to be loud when accelerating. Why would you want it blasting at cruise? That's now how I'd want to spend a couple of hours at interstate speeds.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:15 PM
firebrink

I like to hear the exhaust while I am cruising down the highway. I am just wondering if anyone has tried this to see if the daytona's version of the Borla exhaust is as loud as the Mopar/Borla exhaust cat-back system (which is slightly different in size as far as the muffler itself goes)....because if that doesn't make it any louder I am just gonna go with the flowmaster cat-back exhaust. And apparently there are a lot of other people who like the exhaust sound, based on the signature mod list of most of the other members on here who have aftermarket exhaust. I just don't want to replace a this exhaust system if it is a good one, but I don't have a lot of extra money to experiement with.

Quick Reply: Daytona Ram Exhaust Tips