3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Volant CAI Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Volant CIA Question

ORIGINAL: HankL

If it is not too late,
why not return the Volant
and get your money back'
to spend later on a mod that truly works
rather than one that mainly makes more noise?

Volunteers like yourself
who have pooled money and tested the Volant
found so little improvement that it could not be measured:

http://tinyurl.com/2spygu

Head porting works so much better than aftermarket intakes
that it is well worth saving the money until you have enough to port.

If you desire a quick and simple way to improve power
adding the chemical 1,4 dioxane to your gasoline is a much more effective way, and you can buy a lot of $7 cans of the stuff for the cost of Volant.
But adding dioxane, you are cheating the way Roger Penske's NASCAR teams have shown works:

http://web.archive.org/web/200502032...n/10609834.htm
It was something negative of course!! i would block him but than i wouldnt be able to tell people how stupid he is!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Yep, he offered no help just attack the poor guy and belittled him. I’m surprised he didn’t call him a Sucker for buying a CAI.

Ya know I have never seen him post a single thing he has done to "what ever the heck he drives" ever.

He only jumps on here and slams people (by posting BS links) for what they have done or want to do. Kinda like a 12yr old kid would.

He always talks down to people, like he is some high and mighty automotive authority. But he never posts anything that he has done to his vehicle.

Maybe he does it for the attention. Again very childish behavior.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Suprtrooper,

I agree with tdmopar

It does sound like an air leak. Maybe something got disconnected during the install.

Mightcheck to seeif anything may havegotten a holeburntthru it.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM
eltupac
All Star

At the riskof sounding like Hank, I have to ask, if all CAIs look the same why do some cost more than others (I know you are paying for the name). They all do the same thing, get air from outside faster to the intake. I got my "CAI" from dodgeparts and cost me $25. Its an actual mopar part. Why spend all that money in something you can do yourself by going to HomeDepot? Just a question. Go ahead people . . . belittle me.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:55 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

different intakes are slightly different on design mainly through the filter but slight design variations.. i got my intake on sale and it works extremely well... i have been told by many people who have ran tests that it works best on our engine (possibly next to a varaam) i also hear good things about airram.. a lot of people do pay for the name though that is true..

Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 PM
nortac

After 2 weeks with the Volant, i have really begun to notice the high pitched whistle. All the connections are tight so there are no air leaks. At high RPM's it sounds like a small turbo fully spooled.

Quick Reply: Volant CAI Question