3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge in the Garage

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:12 PM
AppleCountyHemi
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dodge in the Garage

Actually it's too big to fit in the garage, butI thought I would introduce myself. I am the proud owner of a 2003Ram Hemi Quad Cab SLT 4x4. I picked it up about 2 weeks ago and everybody that sees it loves it. It's Atlantic blue and fully loaded with leather seats and all. I have been looking for a truck for abouta year. It took so long because I wanted a specific truck (4x4 and crew cab) and didn't have a lot of funds. I got a tip thata local dealership got this truck in trade and were going to wholesale it due to mileage so I jumped on it. Yeah the miles are high at 131,000, and it has a couple of battle scars, but I figured $7,800 for a fully loaded 4x4 crew cab was worth it.

I am new to Dodge trucks and we have not owned a Dodge since we got rid of my wifes 89 Dodge Shadow 11 years ago. All I can say nice about that car is it got us from point A to B eventually. We have always had a Pontiac or Chevy since then.

The truck seems to be in great mechanical shape and was very clean when it was traded in. It does not seem to have been abused and they tell me the mileage is all highway. With that many miles is there anything I should be concerned about or keeping my eye on? Also it is missing both front wheel caps, I was told the prior owner had to replace them one time before is it common for those to fall off?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'll try to attach some pictures.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge in the Garage

Nice ride. service that tranny and those diffs immediatly

Old 10-18-2007, 06:22 PM
casper3380
Veteran

have the breaks checked and break fluid replaced as well. I agree on the fluids especially coolant. On trades the wont do changes unless absolutely necessary so change the oil too. And just watch for anything unusual, smoke in the morning, etc. good luck.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Nice truck.... I love that color.....

Old 10-18-2007, 07:25 PM
lewpuckett
Professional

nice truck and as others have said check it over well. it is easier to do now than to let something cause a major headache down the road.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:12 PM
AppleCountyHemi
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thank's for the replies and info. I plan on taking care of all the fluids when I get back in town next week. There was areceipt for Amsoil in the glove box and it seems like the oil was changed recently as well as the trans fluid, but I'm not sure about the coolant. As far as the tranny is concerned is there more to servicing it than changing the fluid and filter? And is it safe to use synthetics in the diffs? The brakes looked good and it has drilled and slotted rotors which I'm sure is an improvement over the stock ones.

And I love the color too, I have not seen another one like it around here. It seem like most of them are Red, Green or Silver.

Are there any other Hemi Rams with over 100,000 miles on this site?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:42 PM
ray97
Veteran

Nice truck. I had the dealer perform the tranny for me and I think it was around 150 bucks. They drain and changed everything including the converter

Quick Reply: Dodge in the Garage