3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New poster, new truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
manualagain
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New poster, new truck

Well I've arrived, but the truck will likely take 6-8 weeks. Just ordered it today! QC 4X4 SLT and as my name implies a 6 speed manual bolted up to the 4.7 FF v8. This will be my first Dodge truck, after a string of Fords (and unfortunately one Chevy) I hope I'm as happy in the long run with the 1500 as I have been with the Fords. I looked at Fords, Toyota Tundras and even a Dakota. In the end, I couln't get myself to go with a truck smaller than full size, nor could I resist the temptation to go back to a manual after 3 years driving automatics. Anyway happy to be here, and looking forward to the arrival of my Inferno Red QC.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
thehemiman12345
All Star
Default RE: New poster, new truck

nice....i like your username too!
what color did you get?...i know they have a few new ones out for the 08's and some of em are pretty good lookin.....
hope you enjoy the new truck...

Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
manualagain
Professional

I ordered the Inferno Red Crystal Pearl, its a dark red, really gorgeous. I've only seen that color on one other 1500 and its sitting on the lot at the dealership where I ordered! Same color is available on the dakotas and the Nitros. Maybe others, I don't know. I saw the Inferno on a Nitro and it looked great! The only color that I am pretty sure is new for this year is that Sunbust Orange Pearl, a really cool color . I debated between those two, and the mineral Grey. Red has always been a favorite of mine and it was differnt enough from the bright red truck I had a few years ago so I didn't feel like it was a rerun of the same. I'm sure that now that I've ordered one everybody and their brother will get the same!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
thehemiman12345
All Star

thats a nice color....i see it alot on dodges around here but not too many rams with that color....the new orange color is nice and i think they also have a yellow offered on the 08's
my dads got a ram in mineral grey with a silver bottom and i really like the way it looks....it doesnt stand out as much as the other colors but its the only one around here like it(reg cab, long bed)so its unique.....

Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 PM
manualagain
Professional

Never had a grey truck and I like dodge's Grey so I was tempted. Had a Blue on Grey '63 Chevy II once, was kind of cool looking but no grey pickups. The Yellow was not an option, the wifes' reaction to the Yellow was "I Hate it" so no go there. I wasn't tempted by the Yellow like I was by the Orange though.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:56 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

[sm=welcomesign.gif] now you gotta start orderin mods so your ready when your truck gets here!!

Old 10-18-2007, 12:12 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

hey, welcome to the forum. i feel ya on the automatics. my truck now is my first automatic. at first i didn't like it, but now i'm spoiled.been three going on four years now and i'm getting the itch to drive stick too.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:59 PM
manualagain
Professional

I got the impression that sticks are pretty uncommon these days when the new car sales manager at the dealership where I bought confessed he'd never seen a 3rd Generation 1500 QC 4X4 with a manual. I got the impression that he thought we are odd ducks, he might be right! As far aS mods, I have a short list of comfort/convenience mods I'd like to add, a debo step that attachs to the hitch framing and slides out 2 feet so you can step up into the box, great for "old guys" like me, a bedrug, and possibly an undercover or durakon tonneau. I'll wait for any proformance mods until I've gotten the opportunity to see just what the stock set up has to offer. The only thing I didn't get on my shopping list was the leather interior, couldn't order that without going to an automatic, so after market leather is a possibility, I'll see how I like the cloth first. Other than that I've got the LSD, 20 inch wheels, 7 speaker Invinity set up and Sirius comes with the '08's so I should be pretty well set, at least to begin with. One question I do have, how much improvement in proformance can one really expect from a tuner when you drive a manual? I was always under the impression that one of the best features of a tuner is being able to reprogram transmisson shift points, obviously that isn't happening with the manual tranny.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
RedHemi05
Rookie

Oh of my buddies has an '07 2500 QC 4x4 with the 6.7 L Cummings and he got a free tuner from superships to tune his truck. since he is like the first person to respond to them with this truck that is also by the way a 6-spd. So he is testing it out for them before they sell it in the open market.

Might want to hit them up since I take it your getting an '08.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:15 PM
BIG HOOK
Professional

Way cool. Welcome! If this is the first truck you've ordered from the factory, it feels pretty good. If not, you probably already know how it feels. I ordered my 07 2500HD and it felt like I was expecting a newborn child or something while waiting for it to come in.
I too felt like an odd duck because I wanted a Reg Cab 3/4 ton Hemi and all the dealers had were 1/2-3/4 ton Quad Cabs (absolutely zero offense to all the QC owners out there) or 1, if that, zero option HD set up for snow plowing. I just preferred a HD RC SLT nicely optioned. They happily obliged.
You can follow the progress of it's build journey at the dealership. Roughly every week they will post locations with codes indicating where your vehicle is at throughout the assembly, inspection, and shipping. The factory window sticker is even personalized with your name as well - "This vehicle built for......" !

[IMG]local://upfiles/74700/72265BD58CD74664936B10235611D64B.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: New poster, new truck