3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Alarm Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Dodge Leaks
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Question

Some of you may have read my post (accidently put on 2nd Gen) about the attempt to steal my 2006 1500.

The truck was in my driveway, under a streetlight. The thieves punched the door lock, and ripped out the ignition. They could not start the truck because of the electronic key ignition, but they did $2,200 worth of damage.

I asked the shop if I had incorrect programming, and should the panic alarm (horns honking) have kicked in when the door was opened without a key. He told me that if they had forced a screw driver into the lock and turned it the alarm would go off, but since they just punched the lock through and broke it that the alarm would not work.

How does that story sound to you?

Second question, I am thinking about a LoJac, but want to consider; a LoJac is silent but locates the stolen car. If they can't get my truck because of the electronic key would it be better to just have a disturbance alarm and maybe they won't do so much damage. Oppinions?

NNY

Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM
dieseldoc1
Professional
Default RE: Alarm Question

unless u ordered it with an alarm it most likley has none. the horn honk when u lock the doors is just that, a horn honk. my 06 mega cab sameway. open the doors and nothing happens. so i added a mopar evs-1 alarm system. works with ur current fob and chip in key system. adds starter kill,horns go nuts if broken into or window broken as it also adds shock sensors. about 180 bucks. installed my self in a afternoon. more peace of mind. note: will not work with mopar remote start.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Dodge Leaks
Rookie

The truck is back after two weeks. End result $2,300 worth of damage. I had an EVS I installed, and it seems to be working well except the parking light flash doesn't happen when arming.

There are times I'd like to lock the doors without arming the system, does anyone know how to work this without going into valet mode?

GJ

Old 11-03-2007, 11:50 PM
prerunner
Captain

The factory alarm will arm no matter what!!!!! The only way to cancel out the alarm is to put it in Valet!!!! Either use the switch installed or put the key in the ignition and turn it to the on position 3 times within 10 seconds.

Quick Reply: Alarm Question