3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

mods??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
sddunn2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mods??

I own a 2007 1500 5.7 4x4 I was wondering what kind of mods ( to the motor ) most of you guys are doing and what mods produce the most bang for the buck ??

Old 10-24-2007, 09:35 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mods??

CAI, cam, headers, superchips, cat-back exhaust, 180 t-stat, e-fan, turbo ....obviously in no order and some aren't engine things but will make other mods work better

Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Take my advice, stock is nice.
Add just a little hop, and you'll never stop.
You can't say whoa, 'till your outta' dough!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:44 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Take my advice, stock is nice.
Add just a little hop, and you'll never stop.
You can't say whoa, 'till your outta' dough!

i never knew you were a poet hammer!! but its soo true once you start its unstoppable.... normally the proces goes... exhaust, intake, tuner, lift/drop, wheels and tires,headers, e fan, cam, and so on...

Old 10-25-2007, 01:33 AM
sddunn2
Professional

wow !! so you figure keep it stock ?? it goes pretty good but thought that there might be a tune that would gain some seriouse hp ?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:24 AM
lewpuckett
Professional

yes a tuner can add hp. A cai, exhaust and headers are usually recommended most. Also though since it is a 07 if you got the lifetime warranty then you may not want to do a tremendous amount but that is another story.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

ORIGINAL: sddunn2

wow !! so you figure keep it stock ?? it goes pretty good but thought that there might be a tune that would gain some seriouse hp ?
I'm just warning you about how addicting it is for most of us. I didn't even get mine home from the dealership, had to stop at Advanced for the smoked window vent shades and a drop in K&N. Over $9000.00 later, I'm not done yet! [:@]
And that's with doing 75% of the labor myself!

Old 10-25-2007, 06:25 PM
esskmo
Professional

It is very addicting, I am constantly online looking for parts for mine. My next modis finding traction bars, and then maybe rear air bags to help with heavier loads, my goal in both of those mods are to keep the same feel in ride/handling i have now, but without the wheel hop when it rains, and better load handling with heavier loads. I looked at helper springs, and dislike the idea of a stiffer ride.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:56 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

ORIGINAL: esskmo

It is very addicting, I am constantly online looking for parts for mine. My next modis finding traction bars, and then maybe rear air bags to help with heavier loads, my goal in both of those mods are to keep the same feel in ride/handling i have now, but without the wheel hop when it rains, and better load handling with heavier loads. I looked at helper springs, and dislike the idea of a stiffer ride.
Do the bags first. You will probably find that you won't need the bars. I put about 35# of air inmine with my ATV in the bed, but keep about 10# in them without. That bit of air kinda acts like a stabilizer bar in the back, restricting a lot of lean on turns and keeps the rear tires from hopping near as much.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:14 PM
hemiman4ever

if you can stomach it a zex nitrous system would be nice!i plan on doing one in the spring.i have an 07 and run a throttle body spacer,oversized inlet tube and cold air system from Street and Performance Electronics.check out their website.also run a gibson super truck exhaust and a superchips 3815 tuner.i have about $925 in all with me doing the labor.the zex system is about $525 depending on where you shop.good luck and happy spending!

Quick Reply: mods??