3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

yet another fog lite question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 02:04 PM
attila
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yet another fog lite question

I had a 2nd generation Ram, it was a simple mod to leave Fog Lights on when switching to Hig Beam, bending a relay pin.

3rd gen looks like different.

I tried your mod to keep Fog Lights on, but they are always on and internal switch control is lost, just always on.

when switching to high beams, flog lite relay goes off.

it looks like high beams don't have a relay, I can't hear any "click".

so, target is have the fog relay on whith high beams only and still have internal switch controlon: any clues?

thanks[/align]

Old 10-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: yet another fog lite question

Yes, it's easy. Go to the top of the page and click in the icon that says SEARCH.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:55 AM
attila
Rookie

hey man, It's simple: read my post before... looks like I already tried that mod...

Old 10-28-2007, 02:04 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i have a hard time following this.... what i did was use the jumper wire between my running lights and fog lights and my fog lights are always on and that includes when my high beams are on....

Old 10-28-2007, 03:58 AM
VaderPainter
Rookie

Here is the simplist way I can tell you to do it. Take out your fog light switch and get a wiring harness or test light and figure out which wire it gets power (12 volts) from. Then find a source of 12 volts when the ignition is on (radio, lighter,accessorie, ect...) and run a jumper wire to the switch so that it has power when the swtich is on. I did this on my 95 way back in the day so I could have the driving lamps on when I had the high beams on. I wired mine to my parking lamps so that unless they were on they would not come on, however yu can wire it to any source if you like and make them so thay come on regardless as long as you hit the button. If you still need more help drop me a personal e-mail and I will get you my phone number and I will get a wiring schematic for your truck Mondy night when I work again and we will run through it together over the phone...

Old 10-29-2007, 05:53 PM
attila
Rookie

thanks Vader, appreciate that!

well, I was reading the schematics, looks like fog lights are triggered by negative...

I was going to pull that switch out anyway :-)

another mod could be tapping a wire to high beams to power a relay and send a negative signal to fog relay. (relay is necessary to invert positive trigger from highs to negative )

Quick Reply: yet another fog lite question