3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Dodge Onwer

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Ram31791
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dodge Onwer

I am a new Dodge owner. I purchased an 07 Ram 1500w/ 5.7 Hemi (2 wheel drive). Traded in a 03 Nissan Altima. I drove Ford Trucks from the age 16. Mainly because I have two Uncle's that are retired from Ford and that is what my family drives. When I started having issues with my 02 Super Crew at 13k, I traded it for a Nissan Altima. My job required me to drive alot and I was looking at GAS MILAGE. Well I like the car and had no issues, but I missed driving a truck. I started looking and honestly almost bought a Ford, but the way to the Ford Dealership, I decided to stop by the Dodge place and 3 hours later drove off in my Altima and waited for the dealership to call me the next day to come get the truck. They had to get from there dealership in Burnswick, GA. Well I played heck with the family for this purchase, but the Life Time Powertrain warrenty was hard to pass up, plus I really do not like the new Fords. They are nice and I have several friends with them, but just not for me. Now my freinds want to get a Dodge after driving mine.

Enough back ground. I love this truck so far. I have put 5k on it and only done one mod. I put some steps on it. It has the Thunder Road package and sits too high for my Wife and kids to get in with out them. I am going to do some more mods and was wondering what some of you recommend. I have the MDS system andI have noticed21-23 mpg on the road (70 to 80 mph). But also noticed 10 to 12 when pulling a trailer. I am not complaining, I meanit is a truck. Would like a little better milage while towing and abetter sound. Not sure what other mods I will do, but lokking forideas.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:22 PM
prerunner
Captain
Default RE: New Dodge Onwer

CAI, Aftermarket exhaust, and then a tuner.
There are a crap load of posts in here about exhaust, so i would suggest u do a search on them...... i went with a flowmaster 50 series, but am actually thinking about replacing it!!!!!

Congrats on the new truck bro and welcome to the forums

Old 10-28-2007, 05:30 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forum!!! as far as mods go with intake and exhaust than tuner... definitely do a search it has been mentioned enough times on this forum that you dont have to repost it..... and lets see that new truck!!!
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM
MoparRob
Veteran

Prerunner,
If I may ask why might you change out your FM 50 series....

Old 10-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Ram31791

I will get some PICS. I just have to steel the camera from my wife!!!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:33 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey welcome to the forum and congrats on the new truck....yeah there's alot of great mods available for these trucks, just do some searching and you'll find more then info....and let's see that truck!!!

Old 10-28-2007, 10:35 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Cat-back & CAI first. Hold off on the tuner, the Superchips (choice of almost all Hemi owners) does next to nothing for your '07 (even though on paper, it supports it). Diablo and SCT are coming out with tuners soon that should doa lot better job for your performance than the Superchips.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:26 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thiers a trend happening, A lot of die hard Ford owners are making the switch from Ford to Dodge, I used to own nothing but Ford trucks, bought My First ever 06 2500 and have had minor issues ( no falt of the truck ) and knock on wood, I'm still happy.

The Y pipe on the ex is a big downer for power, getting rid of it will requior dual ex, but it is well worth it.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. I have the mods listed in my signature. I have had zero problems with my truck in the past year save on that was the dealership's mechanics head space and timing when my remote start was used the remote keyless entry would not work. It turned out that when they installed the remote start they failed to read a recall of one of the components that was installed and after 4 trips the dealership they got their head out of their 3rd point of contact and researched the problem it was fixed lickedy split.

Quick Reply: New Dodge Onwer