3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RAM AIR CONVERSION VS CAI SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 PM
toxdoc
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RAM AIR CONVERSION VS CAI SYSTEM

Don't mean to be pushy but if you re-read my original commentary I said to "FORGET" the TB Spacer - it is useless - spend your hard earned $'s in a better place. As for CAI's I use the AFE High Breather and I'm pleased with it, but like all others it offers minimal gains.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:24 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

haha its true i never heard anything good about throttle body spacers so i never put the money out for one...

Old 10-29-2007, 05:25 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got to ask you this..How does rain/snow effect the engine with that Ramhood? Doesn't water get into the engine?

Old 10-29-2007, 06:05 PM
BIGRAMMIT

I will be honest i dont know. I do know that i was looking at another conversion kit that uses the SRT10 hood and it said to avoid crossing streams or creeks at high speeds. But as far as everyday, what is to determine how much water is going to come in..i mean i have been in some pretty nasty thunderstorms. Hence the other reason im thinking about CAI. There is some good information listed here but most likely i think ill be going with a CAI. I really like the way a scoop looks and to have a functioning one would be even that much better however at this point i think the pros dont outweight the cons IE cost, water, and from what i have seen on here its really not that much more power.
Don't mean to be pushy but if you re-read my original commentary I said to "FORGET" the TB Spacer - it is useless - spend your hard earned $'s in a better place. As for CAI's I use the AFE High Breather and I'm pleased with it, but like all others it offers minimal gains.
I misunderstood you toxdocthanks for the information i found this out today as well. I have been busy with tires, gears, and stereo components, as for some time i was debating on supercharging the motor and still havent ruled it out but damn thats alot of money to dump into a 1500.

Quick Reply: RAM AIR CONVERSION VS CAI SYSTEM