3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buying a new 08

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 PM
nathan_e
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buying a new 08

All this helps alot. And I know that when I but a truck I'm not buying for gas miliage, but I am at looking for a certain number and I think I found it. I have an 03 Dakota 4x4 with an airraid cai and flowmaster exhaust. I also put aon a throttle body spacer which gave alot of extra pickup in second and thrid gears. I know its sacrelidge to go from a 4 wheel drive to a 2, but living in the city I just don't need it. But it sure is fun when I go out to Utah and take it offroad there. And I want the comfort of a full size. Any other things y ou want to send my way I would appreciate. I've always had flowmaster and was thinking about switching to something else. I'm not looking to be heard from 3 blocks away, but I do want the rumble, any sugesstions? And is the k&n cai any better than the air raid I have now. I'm still kinda new to all the aftermarket bolt on horsepower.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
nathan_e
Rookie

And this thing about the resonators. I know this a dumb question, but where are they and why would I get rid of them. Would that happen with a new exhaust system?

Old 10-30-2007, 04:06 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

there are millions of threads about exhaust.. if you look at the top of this forum you will notice a post called which exhaust get others opinions here... check that out... i personally like magnaflow but everyone has an opinion... i had flowmaster on my old truck and didnt like it i like my magnaflow though....

Quick Reply: Buying a new 08